Spaghetti Westerns "sampled" in music

I thought it would be interesting if we could compile a list of tracks by Artists that have sampled soundtracks or speech from spaghetti westerns.

Here is a few to get started.

BEATS INTERNATIONAL - DUB BE GOOD TO ME - samples “Harmonica” from OUATITW

SADAT X - HANG EM’ HIGH - samples theme from “The Good. The Bad and the Ugly”

JAY-Z - BLUEPRINT 2 - samples “Ecstacy of the gold” from GBU

check out this link :slight_smile:

The Ramones of course!
U.S. punk band The Ramones used the songs “Main Title” and “The Ectasy of Gold” from the movie’s soundtrack as opening and ending themes respectively during their shows.

Check out these two. What do you hear?

Second one is well easy.

Is the first one Viva Django ?

Personally, I love this:

Sample should be instantly recognisable.

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:5, topic:430”]Second one is well easy.

Is the first one Viva Django ?[/quote]
Sure is

Two more

Ah, not sampled in music, but in a film (not sure if there’s a more appropriate thread), The Bunker (2001). The music coming from the woods that’s supposed to be from an American soldier is the Man With A Harmonica tune.

[quote=“Jonny Powers, post:9, topic:430”]not sure if there’s a more appropriate thread[/quote]There may be one, if not feel free to make a new thread as there will be quite a few. :wink:

Navajo Joe in Election springs to mind, and there are countless Hong Kong movies that have used Spaghetti scores.

Great topic. I’m very interested in this kinda thing, but since rap/hip-hop and electronic music in general is not really my thing I don’t have anything to add.
Keep 'em coming

Fields Of The Nephilim sample a lot of spaghetti western music, check them out.

Really? Never got into HK cinema much, but I’m interested now! Can you share some titles/music involved?

[quote=“Jonny Powers, post:13, topic:430”]Really? Never got into HK cinema much, but I’m interested now! Can you share some titles/music involved?[/quote]Here’s one Jonny,great film too. The Delightful Forest.

Check out the opening credits (and a minute or so leading up to it)

Not sampled, but Japanese cover of Django theme:

How about this one, give it a few seconds :wink:

Better usage than most attempts to sample this kind of stuff that I’ve heard…

Pretty good too - cibo matto sugar water:

More typical kind of usage - Soldafa - Regrets:

I think most of the usage in HK movies was actually added in the English dubbing process.

Oh, nevermind, I just saw the video YodlafPeterson posted. It’s just that all the ones I remembered were English dubbed and the ones I saw in their original language didn’t have western soundtracks.

[quote=“autephex, post:16, topic:430”]How about this one, give it a few seconds :wink:

Better usage than most attempts to sample this kind of stuff that I’ve heard…

- YouTube only got some of their earlier stuff. Never heard that one before.

[quote=“autephex, post:17, topic:430”]Pretty good too - cibo matto sugar water:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN9auBn6Jys

More typical kind of usage - Soldafa - Regrets:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxCBy_oKC7M[/quote]Now where did yoo go and grab the first two in the list? ;D