Spaghetti Western-themed dining room

I’m just wondering if anyone has any ideas to help me out…

I’ve started trying to give my dining-area a Speghetti-Western theme, and have surrounded the walls with posters and location photos from the Sergio Leone Westerns. I also have a display cabinet containing a tribute to these brilliant movies (i.e. photos, and a few rock and soil ‘samples’ from the different locations etc.)…
Thankfully, both myself and wife, love Spanish & Italian food, so I’ve produced a tribute ‘menu’ based on the names and titles of the best-know Spaghetti Westerns, and added quotes from the movies as well… For example:

‘For a Few Dollars More’ - Chicken livers in garlic and sherry with pasta…“Even Indio wouldn’t dare to try and rob me of this recipe…”

or:
‘Lee Van Van Cleef’s Best of The Bad’ - Spaghetti Bolognese with a sauce to die for…“When the chef has been paid, he always follows the job through…”

I’m now wanting to add things like old West oil lamps, a couple of saloon-type small tables etc., and anything else that adds to the enjoyment of the eating experience. I’d appreciate anyone’s helpful suggestions to add to the atmosphere…I don’t entertain guests very often (simply because they don’t appreciate the Spaghetti Westerns as much as myself, but I do enjoy cooking. The eating area is not very big by some standards, but it is adequate. Unfortunately, I only rent the property, so I’m not able to change any of it structurally (i.e. add saloon doors, or demolish a wall with dynamite :slight_smile:
My wife also draws the line at adding horse dung or sawdust!! :wink:
Anyway, see if you amigos have any ideas…Hasta Luego…

I think I found a picture of you and the missus. :wink:

And how about this for your nachos and dips? ;D

I might tho’!

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

What about Tuco’s Tacos. (When you have to eat, eat. Don’t talk)
:slight_smile:

Some strategicaly placed spitoons are a must. Bloodstains on the floor would be optional.

[quote=“Phil H, post:3, topic:1118”]What about Tuco’s Tacos. (When you have to eat, eat. Don’t talk)
:)[/quote]
LOL - OK smartypants - got a quip for a set of these beauts for salt ‘n’ pepper then?

[quote=“Phil H, post:3, topic:1118”]What about Tuco’s Tacos. (When you have to eat, eat. Don’t talk)
Cheers for that! I already had a variation of that on the menu…mine is:

‘Eli Wallach’s Ugly Delight’ - Chicken Liver Risotto…“When you have to eat, eat, don’t talk!!”

Great suggestion, though, 'cos I love Tacos!

Seriously tho’ - next time you are in Almeria - pick up some of the ‘house’ wine from the Hostel Alba to wash 'em down with.
Soon to be appearing in the “What are you eating or drinking at the moment?” thread … ;D :stuck_out_tongue:

I was going to suggest something on the menu involving a winchester but it would probably repeat on you.

How about Duck (a l’orange) you Sucker

“There are two types of taco’s in the world my friend”

window - spicy
door - mild

no problems in having a spitoon then!

At times the meat is very hard, isn’t it, Toscano?

A cloud of dung … a cry from the misses … arriva Toscano!

A minute to eat, a second to die

The Moment to Kill the Cook

If you live … turn around!

10.000 dollars for a decent meal

Vado … mangio e torno

And don’t forget: Michelin has given Toscano’s restaurant a … starblack!

And all customers say about our great cook:
I want him dead

“A Bullet for the Chef”

Thanks Amigos for all your feedback - some brill ideas there…Much appreciated…
Toscano.

Tucumcari Calamari…guaranteed to stop you in your tracks.

Ha ha. I’m liking that one. :smiley:

Reckon you need a few of these dotted about … well maybe not the last one! ;D

Or what about A minute to eat, a second to drink?