Spaghetti Western Tattoo!

Sort of. :slight_smile:

For my next tattoo, I’m finishing a sleeve on my right arm with a tribute to my love of horror/exploitation/70s cinema, and there’s definitely going to be space reserved for a SW section. My artist is drawing it up, and the way we’ve discussed it, we’re going to take it inspired by the classic Italian cinema poster vibe.

We just have to choose the right image for it. I was thinking of Django but I’m also partial to perhaps an image from Once Upon a Time in the West or The Good The Bad and The Ugly as well. Decisions decisions! :slight_smile:

Will post pictures when the ink heals, of course. :slight_smile:

you’re lucky : the 70’s movies are a closed spectre. if you want a rockmusic or sport tattoo, every year is bringing some news.
i, for myself have a dozen tats, but stopped getting inked in 1995. we were always saying, that one should imagine if you can love the reason for the tat in 10 years. people are changing, live is changing - but i love all my tats. they stand for something that was very important at the time (for years!) they were inked.

but there will be no more new italowestern directed, even if someone will try, i don’t think they can catch the spirit of that time.

so have a closed chapter in moviehistory, you have hundreds of dvd or vhs cover motives … the last decision is on you ! all my tattoo-artist loved me for coming with a 100 % “i want this”-proposal.

can’t wait to see a pix of your final result !

[quote=“viva matalo, post:2, topic:2708”]you’re lucky : the 70’s movies are a closed spectre. if you want a rockmusic or sport tattoo, every year is bringing some news.
i, for myself have a dozen tats, but stopped getting inked in 1995. we were always saying, that one should imagine if you can love the reason for the tat in 10 years. people are changing, live is changing - but i love all my tats. they stand for something that was very important at the time (for years!) they were inked.

but there will be no more new italowestern directed, even if someone will try, i don’t think they can catch the spirit of that time.

so have a closed chapter in moviehistory, you have hundreds of dvd or vhs cover motives … the last decision is on you ! all my tattoo-artist loved me for coming with a 100 % “i want this”-proposal.

can’t wait to see a pix of your final result ![/quote]

I hear ya. I look at my tattoos like a road map, also. Even if some of the memories are painful, or remind me of people who are no longer in my life, I’m glad I have them, because I learned something from every period in my life where I had the ink done. This one will be my seventh, I believe! :slight_smile:

i never had seen anyone who had spaghetti western tatoo

Completed! Proper photos soon! It actually turned out to be more of a tribute piece to Italian cinema, with the main image being Cinzia Monreale from The Beyond framed by a gloved, knife wielding hand (representing gialli of course) and Franco Nero as Django! :slight_smile: