Spaghetti Western T.V Series?

When i told people at work about the death of Pernell Roberts, it got the ones old enough to remember all nostalgic about all the western T.v Series there were in the 1960’s shown on British (and U.s.a) T.V. Sorry if this is a silly thread but it got me thinking, as the t.v series were showing at the beginning and during the heyday of SW’s. Were there any t.v series based on spaghetti western characters shown anywhere in Europe or SW like t.v series? i know there was a " Lucky Luke " series but does anyone know of anymore?

Can’t think of any.

Besides, Fernando di Leo has stated repeatedly, that the spaghetti western was (among other things) a reaction to the fact that the Americans had ‘transported’ the western genre to television. Those TV-series were very popular in Italy, so if the Italians had produced their own series, they would have been in competition with Rawhide, Bonanza etc. Not easy! Since less westerns were released theatrically (and those that were released, had become more and more psychological dramas instead of action movies) the Italians thought it would be a good idea to produce their own. The German-Yugoslavian Winnetou movies had shown that the genre was still popular among European moviegoers. Actually, the western was more popular in those days in Europe than in their natural habitat, the US.

fair enough Scherp, it did occur to me that SW’s were a sort of reaction to the clean cut cowboys of t.v, and i of course know that the sheer bulk of the t.v western series contributed to the decline of the western movie.

Have we mentioned this?

1 Like

Quella sporca sacca nera/The Dirty Black Bag has not aroused much interest here, has anyone seen the 2014 web series of 4 episodes converted into a 60 minutes feature film a year later?

It was available until recently on YouTube with English subtitles.

Available on Blu soon >> https://amzn.to/3wDOEaq

1 Like