Spaghetti Western Podcasts

Yeah that was fun, can’t believe people complained about that

After the two shows with both Seb and Wild East there was a show with Sarah Vista.
I personally hadn’t heard of her before and thought the link with Spaghetti Westerns is thin. The show was 30 minutes which was short for the podcast. But there was material from the Almeria WesternFilm Festival which was nice.

Coming Saturday Sir Christopher Frayling

3 Likes

I will catch this one for sure! I wonder if he will talk about other films than Leone’s

1 Like

In recent weeks I particularly enjoyed the episode covering Antonio Sabàto and Glenn Saxson filmographies. Past Saturday’s episode was the last of season two, only Tom Betts from now on.

An interesting thing is that the most viewed episodes (with a clear gap) on YouTube are the ones about Giuliano Gemma and, rather surprisingly, Peter Lee Lawrence!

Since you recently were in contact with Vassili Karis for the 64th episode of the show, please ask him who’s this actor who appears, always uncredited despite playing roles of a certain importance, in many westerns directed by Roberto Mauri (including the intro of Sartana nella valle degli avvoltoi).

Thanks in advance in the name of all those who are interested

From left to right
Wanted Sabata, Bada alla tua pelle Spirito Santo, Spirito santo e le 5 magnifiche canaglie (Anglican priest)

He’s even at the side of Karis on this poster

2 Likes

Interesting show last night on child actors in Eurowesterns.
Walter Giuliangeli (Death Rides a Horse), Valerio Bartoleschi (I’ll Sell My Skin Dearly) and Fabrizio Mondello (Death Knows No Time) are worthy of mention too in my opinion.

The man in the photo at the 24:08 mark is Ilich Ramírez better known as Carlos and not Giusva Fioravanti (in the pics below)

GVF

3 Likes

What would we do without you, JC ! … that’s sincere, in case it comes off as sarcastic :wink:

1 Like

Sorry I’ve never seen Walter Gugliangeli credit as young Bill in Death Rides a Horse. I checked and I don’t see any information on him on the Internet so I would, as I said in the opening, not cover any child actor I had have or could find any information on. The same goes for Valerio Bartoleschi and Fabrizio Mondello. There’s no information on births, possible deaths or anything else other than a film listing on IMDB. None of them fit the criteria I mention at the beginning of the show. I agree they would have been worthy of inclusion if I had any info to disclose.

Sorry Aldo the photo was misidentified on the internet. Gracias.

1 Like

No worries, Tom … Google images is full of mistakes.

We’d love to have a variation of themes. We used to show trailers and musical cues but YouTube removed them stating copyright violations (either legit or not). We’ve asked Enzo Castellari to come on (he will appear only if we pay him a fee), Gianni Garko consented to be on and we sent him a list of questions. He responded he wants to be perfect in his replies and that was 4 months ago. Several actors have expressed no interest several say they have no computers or computer skills in order to participate. Others have said they are too old and want to be remembered as they were not as they are. Please suggest someone who can talk about the composers, directors and their process. We’ll accommodate if they will. Thanks, Tom Betts

3 Likes

We’ve invited Tony Anthony several times with no replies. We’ve even had other people try and contact him to be on the show with no results. It’s not that we aren’t trying it’s difficult to even find these people let alone to get them to reply in a positive nature.

4 Likes

Hello Tom,

Thanks for your kind reply.
I can imagine that after 78 shows it gets harder to get people interviewed.

If you want my (or other persons) thoughts about guests or topics, I can give some. It is up to you guys if it is possible or usable as I do not have any contacts and if this fits in the show you want to provide.

• As I stated before, Alessandro De Rosa made the book about Morricone. Maybe he is willing to talk about this in the show, how the maestro worked and thought
  • In addition, Andrea Morricone is maybe willing to talk about his father and his music as he tours as a conductor
  • Francesco the Donatis is a student of Luis Bacalov. Maybe he (or another student) can tell us more about this composer
  • If I am correct director Sergio Martino is still living. Maybe he could be an interesting guest
  • How about a show about screen writers and their background to understand the stories
  • If you have connections, it would be nice to hear stories from working on set (camera or sound operator, set builders or costume designer). But like the actors, this pool of people will be thin
  • Michael Hauss has made some issues of the Spaghetti western digest. I think he can be an interesting guest about the magazine
  • An interview with Mr. P. Hanley about his book “Behind-the-scenes of Sergio Leone’s The Good, the Bad and the Ugly”
  • I see a lot of location hunters / scouts on Facebook. On this forum IndioBlack described some interesting location hunting about the Leone movies. If you could find somebody to talk about their location scouting with pictures “then and now” it would be interesting. Maybe a thematic series about different directors

Some suggestions made by Sebastian (some are allready done):

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions. We’ve tried contacting Sergio Martino with no response. If you have any contact information on others you mentioned please let us know as we have no idea how to contact them. Michael Hauss has already been done Episode #29.

2 Likes

Nobody knows more than Marco Giusti on this matter, so why not him?

@LooneyElmerFudd and myself are a bit behind on the show notes. Apologies to those who rely on these to read up on the episodes. As @Tom_B is about the launch season 4 today (congrats!), I at least caught the episode guide up to the latest episodes, but the entries still need to be filled with actual show notes. If anyone wants to help out, please get in touch

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Podcast

Hi Seb,

I’ll try and fill in as much as I can but please feel free to change, add or delete my entries. I’ve kept a folder on every episode we’ve done so I should be able to do it without have to watch the each episode.

I’ll start on Monday and will try and do one or more a day until I get caught up. If you want to work on them for the most recent back maybe we can meet in the middle.

Maybe you can create a template as to what you want me to list.

Best,
Tom

That sounds good, for the most part I think it’s enough if for each episode there’s a bullet point of movies mentioned, actors mentioned, and so on, plus what the movie of the week, poster of the week, book of the week, etc. was and some other worthwhile trivia that stood out. We don’t wanna substitute the experience of watching it, just facilitate the reading up and following up with interesting stuff presented :slight_smile:

Gotcha.

Like I said feel free to add delete anything I post. I’ll do one later today after the podcast and see if it fits the bill.

1 Like

Hi Zeb,

I finished up all the back podcast posts for you

Check them out and add anything you need or want.

Best,
Tom