Spaghetti Western influenced rock

I don’t mean to sound spammy, but I figured some here might be interested. I play in a Spaghetti Western influenced rock band. We’ve been around for a while, but we’re essentially just getting started–playing our first official show next week and recording an official demo shortly after. If you’re interested in checking it out, you can find us at Redirecting...

Definitely give us a heads-up when you have some of your music online. I’d love to support a band that treads the same ground as, say, Ghoultown or The Hellbenders.

Appreciated Sam! We have a couple of songs recorded. They were a bit rushed and not overly produced (mostly home studio).

http://www.facebook.com/sunsetunlimited/app_2405167945

I can see what you mean about the production. You get a good sense of what your band’s music is like, but some things are kind of lost in the mix, like the vocals. They seem to be buried a little bit. It’s not crippling, though.

Speaking only for myself, I’d be interested in hearing more when the time comes. I’m sure if you hang out and participate — I’ve been especially terrible about that — people won’t mind seeing a plug or two.

I’m wondering if you’re meaning Ennio Morricone influenced rock… which of course he did, long since unshackled by time.

Young Morricone just basically used 40’s/50’s US-western music-snippets and reworked them into complex overtures, adding whatever Mediterranean touches he liked at the time. Incorporating any kind of ‘instrument’ or human-component that could evoke a tune… like Frank Zappa did, ‘playing’ an upsidedown bicycle for example.

[quote=“Sam, post:4, topic:3001”]I can see what you mean about the production. You get a good sense of what your band’s music is like, but some things are kind of lost in the mix, like the vocals. They seem to be buried a little bit. It’s not crippling, though.

Speaking only for myself, I’d be interested in hearing more when the time comes. I’m sure if you hang out and participate — I’ve been especially terrible about that — people won’t mind seeing a plug or two.[/quote]

haha, yeah. I’ve been here since 2009 with nary a post to my name. I tend to be a lurker, but I’m working on it.

[quote=“kit saginaw, post:5, topic:3001”]I’m wondering if you’re meaning Ennio Morricone influenced rock… which of course he did, long since unshackled by time.

Young Morricone just basically used 40’s/50’s US-western music-snippets and reworked them into complex overtures, adding whatever Mediterranean touches he liked at the time. Incorporating any kind of ‘instrument’ or human-component that could evoke a tune… like Frank Zappa did, ‘playing’ an upsidedown bicycle for example.[/quote]

Indeed, that would be a bit a pretty accurate description. Or maybe “Spaghetti Western Soundtrack” influenced, since we also note Luis Bacalov as an important inspiration. In one sense, we’re very inspired by the movies themselves and how music plays such a crucial role.

I never heard of Frank Zappa playing a bicycle, so I had to google it. In addition to playing a bicycle, it’s pretty amazing watching a young, clean cut Zappa in suit and tie.