Spaghetti Western Bible Volume 3 (Video Asia)

just watched the price of power from the spaghetti western vol.3 from video asia stop.
it is in widescreen and the picture was o.k quality as for the adio it was so so stop.
i want to compare the quality of they call him cemetary whice is also on the box set stop.
i have the halleluah box set from koch media and the quality is perfect in my opinion stop.
the one on the koch box is in italian or german with english subs stop
i read somewere on hear that the version on the video asia is from franco cleff project stop.
thanx for the suggestion silence stop…

if its from the Franco Cleef, I think FC probably used the Koch DVD as the video source on that one

edit actually I don’t know that… I’ve got both versions but its been a long time since I watched either and don’t really remember

Actually, i think FC made his before the Koch and the Koch looks better, just no english dub.

[quote=“autephex, post:2, topic:2043”]if its from the Franco Cleef, I think FC probably used the Koch DVD as the video source on that one

edit actually I don’t know that… I’ve got both versions but its been a long time since I watched either and don’t really remember[/quote]

FC used another source. This was before the Koch version came out.

Ah yes, I thought that was the case after I had typed it

This is technically Vol. 3 of the whole Grindhouse Experience set, but they made the cover look like the Sergio Leone Anthology.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002DLB1A2?tag=spaghetti-western-20

I pinched this from a review on Amazon and added the Italian titles, years, and directors.

One Dollar Too Many (I tre che sconvolsero il West (Vado, vedo e sparo) (68/Castellari)) (1 hr., 31 min.) letterboxed, looks like a sharp VHS dub.

The Beast (La belva (70/Costa)) (1 hr. 23 min.) fullscreen, slightly faded print, looks like a fairly good 2nd generation VHS dub. The onscreen title is “Rough Justice.”

Blindman (71/Baldi) (1 hr. 24 min) letterbox, very sharp VHS quality. IMDB lists a longer running time for this, so it may be cut.

Massacre Time (Tempo di massacro (66/Fulci) (1 hr. 29 min. 30 secs.) letterbox, sharp VHS quality. --LUCIO FULCI!!!

Bounty Killer (Lo ammazzo come un cane… ma lui rideva ancora (72/Pannaccio))(1 hr. 30 min.) letterbox, looks like a sharp VHS.

Minnesota Clay (65/Corbucci) (1 hr. 27 min. 30 sec.) letterbox, very sharp

7 Dollars on the Red (Sette dollari sul rosso (66/Cardone)) (1 hr. 35 min.) letterbox, sharp VHS.

Apocalypse Joe (Un uomo chiamato Apocalisse Joe (71/Savona)) (1 hr. 30 min. 30 sec.) latterbox, sharp VHS quality. Onscreen title is the “Man Called Joe Clifford” retitle.

They Call Him Graveyard (1 hr. 28 min.) letterbox, sharp VHS quality.

Price of Honor (1 hr. 47 min.) letterbox, sharp VHS quality, print looks a bit dark.

I think most, if not all, of the letterboxed movies have been cropped from full screen video masters. Real classy, but whatever.

Thats a fine set of movies, but I hope the quality is OK. Videoasia has a pretty notorious reputation as a bootleg label.

Quality is no better than any of their previous releases.
And they have that notorious reputation for a solid reason, amigo! :wink:

Are you sure? Back cover says Tomas Milian, so it’s the one with him…

It’s The Bounty Killer:

1 Like