Spaghetti Western accidents

The story is relayed during an interview included on one of the Poliziotescchi discs I have. I cannot recall which one at the moment (maybe the Blue Underground “Street Law”), but it’s sadly true.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info, as unpleasant as it is … to me it says a lot about a person’s character how they treat an animal … and also the fact that he was comfortable or even proud of this ‘brave’ deed, to speak of it years later in an interview.

4 Likes

I can’t recall if Nero relayed the story himself; it may have been Enzo Castellari or another actor. I’d have to go back and find it to confirm.

3 Likes

My estimation of Franco Nero as a man just plummeted.

4 Likes

It was driving me crazy trying to remember where I had heard that story about Nero breaking his hand while punching a horse, so I went back over some of the interviews on my Enzo discs. After failing to find the source, I looked up Nero’s movie “Hitch Hike” on IMDB and it looks like it is in the trivia section, so maybe I originally saw it there.

2 Likes

Can’t take everything on IMDB to be gospel. I’d like to think its not the case, but then again I do not know.

4 Likes

Okay, I just found the clip. I knew I had seen it somewhere. It was Franco telling the story. If the clip doesn’t begin at 5:30 automatically, that’s the timecode for him discussing the injury. Sorry for the previous confusion.

4 Likes

Oh wow :grimacing: Pretty damning. Well done for finding it.

4 Likes

I’m sorry you hurt your hand Franco. It must have been very painful. Even more sorry the horse’s wellbeing meant so little to you.

3 Likes