Spaghetti Rhyming Slang

[quote=“Phil H, post:8, topic:1378”]Can we have spaghetti rhyming slang which rhymes with regular rhyming slang?

If so, I’m just off for an Ennio.[/quote]

Ha Ha do you remember that one Phil :smiley:

When we went to Almeria Phil, Sebastian and myself were getting ready to go out and i needed a shit so i said that i was going for a Brad Pitt, Phil knew what i meant but Seb didn’t, we explained to him and Seb then came out with Sergio Leone which i took for Pony and thought he clocked on straight away but it just happened to be a sheer coincidence :smiley:

Right, i’m off to Whitechapel to pick up a Few dollars more ;D

How much do the ladies charge nowadays anyway ::slight_smile:

[quote=“Tigrero, post:16, topic:1378”]Actually Phil I must point out an interesting fact about the way London has changed. In 1965 several areas outside London were incorporated as London boroughs. Amongst these was Leyton which previous to 1965 was in the county of Essex.
My birth certificate has me as being born in the London borough of Poplar which in 1965 was amalgamated with Stepney and Bethnal Green (I think) to form the new London borough of Tower Hamlets. If you were born before 1965 I should imagine your birth certificate would have you as born in Essex. So to say your family has lived in East London for the last 200 years may be misleading. They may have lived in Essex for the previous 155 years but they have only lived in London for the last 45 Years. These are the sorts of claims to Cockneydom that are made by non-cockneys. And this idea that cockney has become a generic term for anyone who lives in the East of London is also a claim only made by those very people. I think the proper definition still stands but over the last 45 years the cockney cowboys in the far Eastern reaches of old Essex have made such a determined effort to pretend they are in the club that the whole thing has become a joke.
The name Tower Hamlets (which include the well known cockney haunt of Jack The Ripper ie Whitechapel) has been in use since at least the 16th century. In 1605 East London was made a distinct military unit with the official name ‘Tower Hamlets’. Although I have always been reluctant to accept other peoples claim that I am a true cockney, having written all this and pondering it I think that perhaps they have a point. But anyway so what … I live in Norfolk.[/quote]
Also Surrey used to be a lot bigger, it started at Surrey Quays all down the river to Vauxhall etc. (the home of Surrey county cricket club.)

So as London grew Surrey Shrunk. So personally i count the edges of the home counties as London (well, as long as they have an 0208 phone number, London Transport or Metropolitan police.)

I was born in Kingston but grew up in New Malden, and halfway down Burlington road in New Malden there is a sign that says “Welcome to the London borough of Merton”, it’s all very confusing to say the least.

Phil knows New Malden well as he used to work there.

Eli=Eli Wallach=frolic
Miles=Miles Deem=Cream
Antonio=Antonio Margheritti=Martini/Margarita
William=William Berger=Hamburger
Paolo=Paolo Casello=Cello
Paco=Paco Sanz= Hands
S=SD=crazy
God=God’s Gun=Fun
Few=For a Few Dollars More=Whore (sorry)
Sergio=Sergio Leone=Cantori

My two cents