Space: 1999 Thread

Space: 1999 is a British science-fiction television programme that ran for two series from 1975 to 1977. In the premiere episode, set in the year 1999, nuclear waste stored on the Moon’s far side explodes, knocking the Moon out of orbit and sending it, as well as the 311 inhabitants of Moonbase Alpha, hurtling uncontrollably into space.

There was also the TV series Star Maidens which seems to be a bit like Space 1999 but a lower budget production. I knew about it before but never seen it. Apparently all episodes are on YT though, I think I’m going to see these.

Star Maidens is a British-German science-fiction television series, made by Portman Productions for the ITV network. Produced in 1975, and first broadcast in 1976, it was filmed at Bray Studios and on location in Windsor and Bracknell, Berkshire, and Black Park, Buckinghamshire. The series was partly financed by a German company, Werbung im Rundfunk

And there was also this German TV series at the same time as Star Trek in the 60s.

Raumpatrouille Orion, and Space Patrol Orion in English, is a West German science fiction television series. Its seven episodes were broadcast by ARD from 17 September 1966. It was the first German science fiction TV series. Being a huge success with several reruns, audience ratings went up to 56%. Over the years, the series acquired a distinct cult status in Germany.