Some questions on "Django"

Me too

1. 53 (arrrrgghhhh!!)
    :stuck_out_tongue:

;D

1. 53 (arrrgghhhhahahaha!!)
  2. English
  3. I must’ve been in my early 30s* - which must’ve made it late 80s. (Initially I’d said much earlier, but I reckon I must be confused cos Django was banned here at that time ???.) I seem to remember there was a series of spags on latenight tv. I’d come in (possibly slightly innebriated ???) and catch 'em. My memory might be faulty due to my advanced years (of abuse), but I recall A Town Called Bastard, Adios Sabata, and Face to Face were shown along with Django.
    Django, along with FTF, had a massive impact on me as (unlike others here) I’d not been a big western fan (still aren’t 'scepting spags).
  4. I had no preconceived ideas - hadn’t even heard of it, and had previously only seen Leone’s films which I loved - especially FAFDM. The ending of Django stayed with me - almost hauntingly. When the rest of the film had faded, this remained. Years later I found a vid and went on a quest to find FTF and AS - kept getting the wrong films. By the time I’d tracked 'em I had 30 or so films. (I now have about 400).

*[My edit is regarding my must-be flawed memory regarding when I first saw Django. I’m sure it was before the later shown Moviedrome series, but it can’t be as early as I first thought. I cant find reference to the collection of films I’ve grouped together though? However, I did see The Harder They Come with Jimmy Cliff, when it came out (with its Django clips), so maybe that was my first introduction… I’m confused - I’ll give it more thought… :-

I’m sort of embarrassed to post my responses, but who’s judging?

1. 31;
  2. English;
  3. I saw it for the first time last year, when I properly discovered spaghetti westerns. I watched it at home on DVD (Argent Films release) after Keoma and about the same time as I saw Django Kill, Death Rides A Horse, The Great Silence and several others that are not so memorable;
  4. I had seen the trailer on a Shameless release (The Bronx Warriors) and that got me engaged in watching spaghetti westerns beyond Sergio Leone. The trailer gave me a pretty good idea of what to expect, but I was just hoping for more like Keoma.

Yeah? You thought I was older… or younger? ;D

But surely I can’t be the youngest member of the forum!

Silence is one of the youngest I think.

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:22, topic:2607”]1. 53 (arrrrgghhhh!!)
:stuck_out_tongue: ;D

1. 53 (arrrgghhhhahahaha!!)[/quote]

He he …

I thought you were a bit older, 21-24 maybe

1. age: 15 and a half
  2. greek
  3. at home, on youtube
  4. before watching the film, i only knew that the director was Sergio Corbucci, who is one of my favorite directors, so I had expected the fact that i would like the film very much

Just bumping this up to the top, for anyone yet to respond to wants to. I want this survey to be as wide-ranging as possible.

This forum is proving to be an invaluable research tool, particularly in a genre like the SW, where audience reception patterns have such a bearing on the films’ cultural significance. If this book gets off the ground (and I’m confident it will, eventually), the SWDB will be featured prominently.

Ok i will help you…

1. 30
  2. german
  3. round about 1996 TV (wdr)
  4. All I knew was that it was a Italowestern, but i did not know the right meaning…
  1. 50
  2. English
  3. About 3 or 4 years ago. Blu Underground DVD.
  4. Had seen a few SW and knew this had a big reputation so had to give it a look.
  1. 28
  2. American
  3. This was last year, saw it on Blu Ray(Blue underground)
  4. Knew alot about it, almost too much. Didn’t enjoy it the first time I saw it. Liked it better the second time.