Sky movies film channel

(davidf) #1

There is a fairly new sky movie channel called " simply movies" which is free to air on number 341. has been showing quite a few intrsting westerns including some SW’s. films they have shown lately are " A Man Called Sledge" " A Minute To Pray, A Second To Die" ( under a different name " Dead Or Alive). have also shown recently “The Wild Westerners” " Bite The Bullet" and a film that i have been wanting to see that has eluded me but it turned up las night and i taped it " A Time For Killing" (1967) with Glenn Ford and George Hamilton. Will keep an eye on this channel to see what else turns up :slight_smile:

(Phil H) #2

You say this channel is ‘free to air’. Does that mean you can get it on freeview? Or do you still need to subscribe to Sky in some way?

(davidf) #3

[quote=“Phil H, post:2, topic:1573”]You say this channel is ‘free to air’. Does that mean you can get it on freeview? Or do you still need to subscribe to Sky in some way?[/quote]as far as i’m aware you have to be with sky to get it at the moment by " free to air" i meant you don’t have to pay any extra fees like you do for sky movie channels ( sorry for any misunderstanding)i forgot to mention also caught " Ride Beyond Vengeance " on this channel and " Dirty Little Billy" is being shown saturday 21st Feb.

(davidf) #4

found out is also available on" free sat" and other westerns that will be showing in next week or so in addition to those already mentioned are " Land Raiders" " The Desperados"(1969), "The Parson And The Outlaw"and “The Big Gundown”. apparently the free sat channel number is 308.

(autephex) #5

Do you happen to know which version they showed?

(davidf) #6

i think it was the uncut 118 min version. stanton has been in communication with me and i am in process of getting someone to transfer it from videotape to dvd-r, and will send it on to him.

(autephex) #7

That’s awesome, good catch!

(ENNIOO) #8

Good catch indeed…well done Sir!

(davidf) #9

i hope it is the version you are all looking for, i am pretty sure it is, it certainly has the unhappy ending and film was on for 135 minutes but this included adverts.

(davidf) #10

sad to say " Simply Movies" is no more.

(Sebastian) #11

btw sky just recently bought the only - and unprofitable - german pay tv program Premiere, so now we’re all Skyed :stuck_out_tongue:

(Stanton) #12

And they will probably go straight into insolvency …

(Sebastian) #13

yeah pay tv wasn’t made for the german market :slight_smile: