Sky movies film channel

There is a fairly new sky movie channel called " simply movies" which is free to air on number 341. has been showing quite a few intrsting westerns including some SW’s. films they have shown lately are " A Man Called Sledge" " A Minute To Pray, A Second To Die" ( under a different name " Dead Or Alive). have also shown recently “The Wild Westerners” " Bite The Bullet" and a film that i have been wanting to see that has eluded me but it turned up las night and i taped it " A Time For Killing" (1967) with Glenn Ford and George Hamilton. Will keep an eye on this channel to see what else turns up :slight_smile:

You say this channel is ‘free to air’. Does that mean you can get it on freeview? Or do you still need to subscribe to Sky in some way?

[quote=“Phil H, post:2, topic:1573”]You say this channel is ‘free to air’. Does that mean you can get it on freeview? Or do you still need to subscribe to Sky in some way?[/quote]as far as i’m aware you have to be with sky to get it at the moment by " free to air" i meant you don’t have to pay any extra fees like you do for sky movie channels ( sorry for any misunderstanding)i forgot to mention also caught " Ride Beyond Vengeance " on this channel and " Dirty Little Billy" is being shown saturday 21st Feb.

found out is also available on" free sat" and other westerns that will be showing in next week or so in addition to those already mentioned are " Land Raiders" " The Desperados"(1969), "The Parson And The Outlaw"and “The Big Gundown”. apparently the free sat channel number is 308.

Do you happen to know which version they showed?

i think it was the uncut 118 min version. stanton has been in communication with me and i am in process of getting someone to transfer it from videotape to dvd-r, and will send it on to him.

That’s awesome, good catch!

Good catch indeed…well done Sir!

i hope it is the version you are all looking for, i am pretty sure it is, it certainly has the unhappy ending and film was on for 135 minutes but this included adverts.

sad to say " Simply Movies" is no more.

btw sky just recently bought the only - and unprofitable - german pay tv program Premiere, so now we’re all Skyed :stuck_out_tongue:

And they will probably go straight into insolvency …

yeah pay tv wasn’t made for the german market :slight_smile: