Sinister Cinema

Anyone know whether these guys are any good?

I’ve got a couple of their DVDr’s “A Taste of Death” and “Duel in the Eclipse”, they’re ropey 4:3 bootleg type releases. I was desperate to see both films, and they were fairly cheap on amazon US, even with the p&p charges.

Ropey, eh? I thought that might be the case. I might resort to them if I can’t find a proper release, I suppose.

i had seen ‘taste of death’ really crap picture! taken from a very old and damaged vhs

Cultcine has a really good version of Duel in the Eclipse, they use the Requim for a Gringo title. If you gotta buy dvdr’s buy from cultcine, I’ve purchased several of their westerns and have been very happy with them.

I’ve bought a lot of westerns (silents and early talkies) from Sinister Cinema and some Euro horror / sci-fi titles. About 65-69 titles altogether, mostly westerns dating from 1914 to 1936. Haven’t seen their spaghetti western releases. They specialize in transferring 16mm prints of rare, lost, and public domain films. The quality is always on the analog scale, the chemical scale as opposed to the digital scale. They are not in the business of restoring films and they make no false claims. They do clean the prints before they transfer them. Never had a technical problem with a Sinister Cinema disc. They are as honest as the next guy, and they do the best they can. All in all, I recommend Sinister Cinema.

I didn’t know about Cultcine but if Hoover Valentine would care to share the link, post it here or PM me.
Also, tell me which titles, specifically, you were happy with.

Richard

Most if not all of Cult Cine DVDr can be bought through Cine City[url]http://www.cinecityplanet.com/[/url], but buying directly from Cult Cine might be cheaper, your milleage might vary

[quote=“Richard–W, post:6, topic:2620”]I didn’t know about Cultcine but if Hoover Valentine would care to share the link, post it here or PM me.
Also, tell me which titles, specifically, you were happy with.

Richard[/quote]

Here’s the link:

http://cultcine.com/

Here’s what I’ve bought from em:
Sonny and Jed
They Call Me Hallelujah
Cemetary Without Crosses
The Beast
And God Said To Cain
Face To Face
His Name Was King
God’s Gun
Requiem for a Gringo

Been very happy with all that I’ve got from the cult. Also seen a few of their other releases. Mean Frank and Crazy Tony is a great one.

I’ve gotten these from Cultcine and they’re all great:

Face to Face
A Stranger In Town (much better than the alpha digital release)
10.000 Dollars Blood Money (great but no menu or extras if you’re picky for that sort of thing)
And God Said To Cain

Is the Sinister Cinema that is still putting out movies today in Italy the same Sinister Cinema that put out old flicks there many many years ago or is that a new label that just happens to carry the same name?

I don’t know if this helps or even relevant to your question, but there is a Sinister Cinema here in the U.S. releasing old movies (spaghettis, gothic horror, exploitation, etc.) that is based out of Medford, Oregon.

damn, I might be mixing that up with the Sinister cinema that is currently an active publisher in Italy

Sinister Cinema the US grey market publisher

Sinister Film the Italian label :slight_smile: sorry I totally misread it, too

1 Like