Show me Your Bowie Knives!

Hi Folks,

I´m sure, some of You have some nice Bowie Knives at home. I would like to see them here! :slight_smile:

Here is one of mine.

Doc Simmi

Cannot see the Bowie Knives in the pictures. Have no Bowie Knives myself, but used to have a pen knife. Got rid of it when I nearly cut the top of my thumb off.

Hi Ennioo,

I put the pics on another server, now it have to work.

Yes, Knives can be dangerous! :wink:

Here are my three selfmades:

Doc Simmi

Can see fine now thanks. Very nice collection by the way Doc Simmi. How long does it take to make a self made one then ?

Hi Ennio!

These three are made very “quick and dirty”. Just cut them out of a piece of metal with a “flex” (I think the correct therm is angle grinder). Then I sharpened the blade.
So it does not take more than abot 1-2 hours per knife.

Doc Simmi

Alot quicker than I thought.

Zeb Macahan had a really big Bowie knife

This series has been shown many times on Swedish television ever since the 70s so you couldn’t help seeing some of it

The series is like a soap opera in the west ;D

Nice!!!

Hi!

[quote=“Lindberg, post:7, topic:2190”]Zeb Macahan had a really big Bowie knife

This series has been shown many times on Swedish television ever since the 70s so you couldn’t help seeing some of it

The series is like a soap opera in the west ;D

[/quote]

Nice Picture with a nice Knife! :slight_smile:

Doc Simmi

I had some bowie’s and swiss army’s from my boy scout days but they’ve been either misplaced, lost, or buried somewhere in my garage.

Not Bowie knives - but these are my blades. The one on the left was made for me by a friend as a birthday present. He bought the top quality scandinavian strenghened steel blade and did the handle and leatherwork himself. It really is a nice item. I’ve also got this set of 3 throwing knives as well.

I purchased this Bowie knive on a vacation in Sienna Italy a few years ago.

Hi!

Very nice knives, Reverend and Dorado! :smiley:

Soon I will upload a few more of mine. ::slight_smile:

Doc Simmi

Hi!

So, here are a few more of mine:

A black coated “tactical” bowie:

A Mini-Bowie:

And a big one:

Doc Simmi

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:11, topic:2190”]Not Bowie knives - but these are my blades. The one on the left was made for me by a friend as a birthday present. He bought the top quality scandinavian strenghened steel blade and did the handle and leatherwork himself. It really is a nice item. I’ve also got this set of 3 throwing knives as well.

[/quote]Beware! people of Yorkshire :o

Howdy!

I reanimate this thread to introduce a interesting folding Bowie.
In germany this kind of folder ist called “Verlängerungsmesser” (elongation knife). It can used as a small fixed knife, when unfolded, but you can open it and use the full length as well.

Doc Simmi

Looks like they would be great for opening shrink-wrapped DVD cases. ;D

Bowie Knives???

Hell, for a moment there thought that David Bowie started another career as a knives manufacturer, but no. In any case that was something to expect more from someone like Lemmy Killmister not Bowie ;D