Shoot, Gringo … Shoot! / The Longest Hunt / Spara, gringo, spara (Bruno Corbucci, 1968)

WHAT?!? :scream::scream::scream:
That’s surely a blocking offence. Where are those damn moderators when you need them most?

1 Like

Well made in all departments, a great Morricone score, my only problem with this one is that I don’t particularly like it. I probably fall into the “most cynical” category mentioned in your (excellent) review. :grinning:

Alex Cox called the film “boring.” I personally think it’s almost perfect. It has a good story, a nice soundtrack and plenty of action. The actors were really good, too. Brian Kelly really suited the role. It’s a pity he didn’t make more spaghetti westerns. This one gets a 4/5 rating from me!

2 Likes

Yet he thinks And God Said to Cain isn’t? Please.

Me too!

1 Like

A strange thing, the two films have exactly the same rating in my exel sheeet, even with two decimals, shearing the 145th place…

In the english audio version the movie starts with an excerpt from a Wyatt Earp interview done in 1929, where he talks about the baddest gunslinger he ever met, which was a man called Chad Stark who carried around a bull whip.

Here is a link to this version where the full excerpt can be found SPAGHETTI WESTERN Shoot, Gringo... Shoot! (1968) Brian Kelly, Keenan Wynn and Erika Blanc - YouTube

This makes the movie even better for me!

I just watched Shoot, Gringo … Shoot! / The Longest Hunt on Youtube with Italian audio and English subtitles. I will probably also rate it 6/10 and just outside my SW Top 50.

Nice mostly Almerian locations, direction and well played.
I feel the characters and the movie as a whole have some more “colour” in this film than in some of the director’s brother’s SWs.
The main music theme in the beginning by Romitelli was good and had a touch of ressemblance of his beautiful main music theme for God’s Gun that probably was the only strength of that SW IMO.
The biggest flaws probably were (as usually) the tiresome saloon fight and a slightly boring desert scene. Otherwise it was entertaining IMO.
If there will be an official DVD/Bluray with English audio I might by a copy even if I primarily strive for at least 7/10 rated SWs.

Shoot Gringo Shoot has been updated to the new layout (3.0). Let us know if you can add anything: pictures, posters, trivia, facts, figures, links, etc…

1 Like

Would be great if we could locate a hi res poster (or more than just one) that looks less photographed

This one has now been updated with A NEW POLL to vote on at the top of the page under the original post. Please find it and share your rating with the community.

As usual, link to forum page has also been added / fixed, poster art added, and broken links removed. The original member’s post is as intended, at the top section.

Any issues, please say.

1 Like

Liked this one a lot more this time around. Remember thinking it was very average. Not anymore. 4/5 for me.

2 Likes