Shaw Brothers Cinema

Five Deadly Venoms is always a good one to start with too. Old school kung fu. Master Killer is first watch friendly. So many to choose from! Great stuff. :slight_smile:

[quote=“John Welles, post:40, topic:2162”]Excellent, I’ll be definatly watching it![/quote]and if you like it check out THE DUEL aswell.

Don’t forget SHAW horror; Human Lanterns, Corpse Mania, Black Magic, etc.

[quote=“Devil Bunny, post:43, topic:2162”]Don’t forget SHAW horror; Human Lanterns, Corpse Mania, Black Magic, etc.[/quote]Great films, Black Magic is probably my favourite out the Shaw horrors i’ve seen.

Also for those of you with stronger stomachs check out The Boxer’s Omen or Seeding of a ghost.

Just watched MOODS OF LOVE, these ones with different stories in can be quite hit and miss but this one was really good, poor Chen Ping goes through a lot in her Shaw brothers films i can tell you, some of this one was surprisingly very nasty. :o

There were two stories in this one, the first featuring a monk who is cheated into breaking his celibacy and the second story (the better of the two) features forced prostitution.

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:45, topic:2162”]Just watched MOODS OF LOVE, these ones with different stories in can be quite hit and miss but this one was really good, poor Chen Ping goes through a lot in her Shaw brothers films i can tell you, some of this one was surprisingly very nasty. :o

There were two stories in this one, the first featuring a monk who is cheated into breaking his celibacy and the second story (the better of the two) features forced prostitution.[/quote]

I had been curious about this one. Thanks for the report, amigo! Might have to check it out.

I was just wondering (I probably should post this on the Kung-Fu thread), but is The Killer Clan Shaw Brothers, (I can’t find the film on IMDb. Can anyone?) and if so, is it a good one?

[quote=“John Welles, post:47, topic:2162”]I was just wondering (I probably should post this on the Kung-Fu thread), but is The Killer Clan Shaw Brothers, (I can’t find the film on IMDb. Can anyone?) and if so, is it a good one?[/quote]If your referring to Killer Clans yes it’s a Shaw brothers films and yes again, it’s a good 'un :wink:

Yeah I was, sorry I got the title wrong.

Vengeance! was on last night, so I recorded it, but somehow it went wrong so I only have the last hour and ten minutes or so :'(. Is it still worth watching despite missing the first hour nearly?

[quote=“John Welles, post:49, topic:2162”]Vengeance! was on last night, so I recorded it, but somehow it went wrong so I only have the last hour and ten minutes or so :’(. Is it still worth watching despite missing the first hour nearly?[/quote]Is it going to be shown any time soon, personally i’d wait till i could see it all if i was you.

No, it isn’t. I’ve never seen it shown on TV before. A well, there is always Killer Clans!

Do you want me to send you a dvd’r of Vengeance?

Watched THE DUEL OF THE CENTURY, for the first 30-40 minutes or so i wasn’t enjoying it that much to be honest but i persevered and the second half turned out to be quite entertaining.

Watched THE EMPRESS DOWAGER, well acted all round, especially from David Chiang who was fantastic.

Watched a 3 part documentary series on HK cinema today and found it very informative. The 3 episodes focused on Kung Fu and Wu Xia films and Shaw Bros actresses. Has quite whetted my appetite for some more chop sockey.

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:54, topic:2162”]Watched THE EMPRESS DOWAGER, well acted all round, especially from David Chiang who was fantastic.

[/quote]

Yeah, that’s a good one.

Where did you come by this, Phil?
Sounds interesting!

[quote=“Phil H, post:55, topic:2162”]Watched a 3 part documentary series on HK cinema today and found it very informative. The 3 episodes focused on Kung Fu and Wu Xia films and Shaw Bros actresses. Has quite whetted my appetite for some more chop sockey.[/quote]Well made weren’t they Phil

[quote=“Chris_Casey, post:56, topic:2162”]Where did you come by this, Phil?
Sounds interesting![/quote]It’s this Chris

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:58, topic:2162”]It’s this Chris

[/quote]

Thanks!
I have never seen this anywhere.
I’ll have to look around for it.

[quote=“Chris_Casey, post:59, topic:2162”]Thanks!
I have never seen this anywhere.
I’ll have to look around for it.[/quote]It was released 5-6 weeks or so ago :wink: