Seven Pistols for a Massacre / 7 pistole per un massacro (Mario Caiano, 1967)

Oh no she is singing that ever so serious song. The type which you would usually get shouted at for singing in many a Spaghetti western.

I think the French DVD is the best Vesion!

Iā€™ve always liked this film, even thoughā€¦as others have saidā€¦it is not anything special.
The musical score by De Masi is great, as one should expect from the maestro.
I would love to see a good print of this available in English!

This is a forgettable film. The basic idea is of some interest, but nothing is done with it.

It is the last of Caianoā€™s SWs I have seen, and while he had shown in some of them a certain feeling for filming western scenes, this one does not belong to them. He was better with outdoor scenes, and 7 pistole is a town bound film with no atmosphere. And when Caiano tries to do be stylish or different it only looks pretty shitty.

Average 3/10

Re-watched it with a much better copy from the french dvd and what a difference it makes! Now i can throw away the other lowsy pan and scan shitty copy. Iā€™m probably one of the few who actually likes this one, itā€™s not Hillā€™s best, but good enough for me, iā€™ve seen worse. The whole premise of the town being under siege by outlaws works for me. I can almost compare this to John Carpenterā€™s "Assault on Precint 13th or even Rio Bravo, just my opinion. 3/5

The French DVD is CUT about 4 minutes, that`s a shame!!!

Cheers Tom, nice print the French dvd aswell.

I watched this one recently. Nothing special but I enjoyed it at least. I think the bootleg I have uses the print from the French DVD. The French audio has been replaced with an English dub.

Watch it today. Spanish transfer, very blury.
Low profile movie. Watch it, forget it.

This filmā€™s entry in our database has been upgraded to the new layout. We welcme corrections and additions, especially pictures, facts and trivia, links, reviews or comments.