Seven Guns for Timothy / Sette magnifiche pistole (Romolo Guerrieri, 1966)

What’s the link between Leonardo da Vinci, The Clash and Errol Flynn?

The answer: This movie, 7 GUNS FOR TIMOTHY

Never ever under-estimate the star power of a spaghetti western!

[size=12pt][url]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Seven_Guns_for_Timothy_Review[/url][/size]

Guerrieri is a favourite of mine but this one doesn’t meet his usual standards unfortunately. Has it’s moments but not one I would revisit too often. Agree with Scherp that it falls between two stools really but not sure going for all out comedy would have helped it. 2 out of 5 for me.

Movie didn’t appeal to me at all. Unfunny and boring.

I didn’t think I’d like this one but ended up enjoying it a lot. 3/5 stars.

I’ve watched this one today. Some German DVD rip with English subs. The story lacks inyer st, but at least the locations were nice and whole scene feeling was satisfactory. Although I would cut some comedy. A last note for Evelyn Stewart, she is specially beautiful on this one.

This film’s page in the database has been updated to the new layout. Please help us improve and expand it.

Two stars from me too. No poll for the minor ones?

The opening credits used for the Spanish and international version are far superior from an artistic point of view to the rather elementary ones of the Italian version, but being also decidedly longer they have the disadvantage of giving us a good hundred seconds more of the terrible little song! :slightly_smiling_face:

Romolo Guerrieri in July 2011:
“Seven Magnificent Pistols was a small film, made with all the limitations that Italian productions offered to those making their debut, but I remember the making as joyful and the film as delightful. In that period they continued to offer me only Western films, and I must say that I also really liked making them. So immediately afterwards I made Johnny Yuma, with Mark Damon, Rosalba Neri and the great theater actor Luigi Vannucchi, and $10,000 Blood Money, which is by far my favorite among the westerns I directed”.

3 Likes