Seven from Texas - Dorado Films

Never mind, my disc drive doesn’t work anymore.

The runtime is 1:39:39. Picture is rather soft but has more all around compared to your fandub, but yours is sharper with better colors.

2 Likes

Thanks for that, Carlos … I’d say a big improvement on the TV rip fandub :slight_smile:

I’m now doubting from buying from these guys. I went to check their website and they got hold of some rare westerns I want in my collection.

Here are some pictures and scans from my LASSITER 35mm copy. This would be worth a HD transfer since it has no splices and signs of use. Anyway also looking forward to Dorado DVD.

5 Likes

Any chance that we’re getting a German blu-ray release somewhere down the line then ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

The problem is that the German Dub is lost and LASSITER therefore was not released after shown in Cinema in 1966 :frowning:
The 35mm copy has the English Dub.

1 Like

Ah damn. Those bloody Germans and their dubs :slight_smile: But if the alternative to a German dub-less release is no release at all surely there would be an audience for it, also in Germany.

1 Like

Amazing that an original print of this age is near pristine condition. Wonderful!

Yeah, i got the copy from an italian seller and from experience I was expecting something very worse.
More than a surprise then that the copy was more or less like brand new :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just asked Dorado Films for a refund for the Jesus Franco release I preordered over 2 years ago. They are up to the same bullshit on Facebook as per usual of promising updates that never materialize and just plain radio silence. At least they could have thrown in a: so long suckers. Well I’m done. Not expecting any answer from them though. Doubt that paypal is going to refund a payment that old.

That’s too bad… these guys need to close their label… it’s just ridiculous.

They did recently announce on their facebook page that once the Franco
Volume two was completed that they were going to cease doing Blu Ray and DVD releases, and were going to focus on getting obscure titles released via other outlets like Arrow etc.

Yeah, that’s kind of what I figured with the 7 from Texas release. Considered refunding a few times, but decided to write off the cost and if it showed up at my door, there’s a bonus.

1 Like

So… I received my package from the good folks at Dorado Films… and it contains a few extra copies meant for giveaways… so without further ado, if you want to win, head over to the SWDb Facebook page

2 Likes

Finally got around the watching and reviewing it

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Seven_from_Texas_BluRay_review

2 Likes

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203478708133?_trkparms=aid=1110006&algo=HOMESPLICE.SIM&ao=1&asc=20191002094254&meid=98405354b6a846c5a43e945820a24b86&pid=100891&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=203478280962&itm=203478708133&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2332490&algv=DefaultOrganic&_trksid=p2332490.c100891.m5206

Anyone know if the copies on Ebay are the legit versions?

I listed my copy on eBay Monday, and yesterday a fella in Wisconsin purchased it.

1 Like

So the upcoming re-release listed via distributor mvd is actually this Dorado release just with a new barcode and under the company’s other/original/whatever name First Line films…
So grab them while they last, Amazon link see SWDb