Seven Dollars to Kill / 7 dollari sul rosso (Alberto Cardone, 1966)

Generally agree with the comments. Fernando Sancho, called Sancho in the English dub, repeats his Pistol for Ringo role and is pretty entertaining when on screen. Steffen is wooden; I think his lack of humour is the main issue. The Jerry character was so horrible that you wanted Steffens to kill him. He murdered his adoptive mother for just no reason at all and it really gave the ending away in advance as you knew he had to die after that (and also because he had murdered his girlfriend earlier). The narrative was quite disjointed what with the introduction of all of these new characters in the second half which meant that both Steffen and Sancho took a back seat. Thought Lorenda Nusiack was wasted.
I’d give it 5 out of 10

1 Like

7 Dollars on the Red has been updated to the new layout (3.0). Let us know if you can add anything: pictures, posters, trivia, facts, figures, links, etc…

1 Like

New poll for this one, top of the page on the original post! :arrow_up:

1 Like

I watched my VHS recently. I think this is an entertaining film. I didn’t really care about the fact Steffen never seems to look any older or that he doesn’t change his clothes in 20 years. It all adds to its charm and it’s obvious the film was made quite quickly. I haven’t actually seen a Cardone film that I didn’t like.
I only just realised that I have a 1:85 anamorphic version in a Mill Creek set I completely forgot about. I’ll have to watch that version soon. The 2:35 print in the Timeless set looks awful on a big TV.

4 Likes