Sergio Leone DOLLAR 80-page special tribute Magazine

CINEMA RETRO just published this fine tribute to the Dollars trilogy. I contributed just a couple of pages but am always proud to work for Dave & Lee :slight_smile:

I advise to buy the thing now. Certain RETRO issues are sold out for good now. Years ago I made a 10-page tribute
on EASY RIDER and the damn issue now costs over $80,00.- at eBay! Wish I had some left :slight_smile:

(no need for questions like ā€˜is it any good?ā€™ 80 pages in full color - no ads - with hundreds of pictures are a must for any Leone fan. My opinion anyway)
http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/4578-CINEMA-RETRO-MOVIE-CLASSICS-SPECIAL-EDITION-THE-CLINT-EASTWOODSERGIO-LEONE-DOLLAR-TRILOGY.html

Looks pretty nice!

Just ordered mine.

Received mine last week and theyā€™ve done a really nice job. No earth-shattering revelations but each film is extensively covered, and the visual material is outstanding.

Iā€™ve just received my copy of this fantastic tribute magazine from ā€˜Cinema Retroā€™, and Iā€™m very pleased with it. Itā€™s filled with so many excellent pics of behind-the-scenes, poster art etc. Certainly worth getting hold of a copy. I only found about this a few days ago when I was, by chance, browsing through the internet and came across the Cinema Retro mag. web-site - so glad I did! Iā€™d have been gutted if Iā€™d left it without realising it existed, and then discovered it had been sold out!

Yeh, my thoughts exactly. Well worth the money - thereā€™s also a nice intro by Christopher Frayling

Mike, your article was one of the most interesting parts for me! Nice job buddy!

Just ordered :wink:

Mines in the mail from the U.K. I should have it in the coming week.

Mine arrived today! :slight_smile:
Havenā€™t had a chance to look closely but it does appear promising. Lots of pics which is always nice.

Mine arrived also. Looks good, havenĀ“t read yet.

Looks great!

I 'am jealousā€¦will place an order :smiley: .

I received my copy last week and read it straight through. Really nothing new that we havenā€™t read or seen before but it was a fun read and a great layout. Nice dedication to my friend Don Bruce and a preface by Sir Christopher Frayling. Great job Cinema Retro!

Great - thanks for the heads-up. Just got mine at cover price from eBay.

Iā€™m amazed that, after all these years (and Iā€™ve been an obsessive fan for 35 of them), there are still pictures from these films that Iā€™ve never seen before, and revelations of deleted scenes Iā€™d never even heard of. As an example - when the BFI in London was doing its Clint Eastwood season a couple of years ago, they promoted it with an image of the Man with No Name in a riverside setting not familiar from any of the films. Now Iā€™ve learned it was from an alternative version of the ā€œWho said I was joking?ā€ shootout from For a Few Dollars More, filmed but not used. Who of us knew that such a thing existed?