Sartana in the Valley of Death

Hi,

I am looking for a VHS or DVD copy of the Sartana In The Valley of Death starring William Berger. I am looking for a copy not made by C’est La Vie because they have the cut 79 minute version looking for the original 85 minute version.

Thanks!

I HAVE SEEN THIS DVD ON EBAY,YOU MIGHT WANNA CHECK THERE .

theres a DVD from the UK actually

[quote=“Sebastian, post:3, topic:213”]theres a DVD from the UK actually

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Sartana_nella_valle_degli_avvoltoi[/quote]

Yes, this is the cut version from C’est la vie.

[quote=“TwiceaJudas, post:1, topic:213”]Hi,

I am looking for a VHS or DVD copy of the Sartana In The Valley of Death starring William Berger. I am looking for a copy not made by C’est La Vie because they have the cut 79 minute version looking for the original 85 minute version.

Thanks![/quote]

I have the old UK pre-cert release on Inter Ocean Video; excellent quality and uncut. I could do a DVD-R of it, but it might take a while, though.

[quote=“TwiceaJudas, post:1, topic:213”]Hi,

Thanks![/quote]
thanks for that info.
i was told it was uncut and that’s why it has German credits but in English language cos it was the fullest print,what a pity.

Bollocks! i sold my old U.K tape when the dvd came out and i only got a fucking fiver for it on ebay!

Just watched the U.K DVD of this one which is cut of course.

Thought story was a bit weak and film on the whole just come across a bit standard,
but would still like to see an uncut version.

Nice theme song though!.

This is another one which interests me. My video store has the UK version but everbody says it is terribley cut. What are your opinions of it? Also, sincethe store is humongous, they include region 2 and PAL DVDs. My question is, will it play on a region 1 DVD player?

I genuinely wouldn’t worry about any cuts in this film. It would take a lot more than a few minutes of deleted footage to salvage it from being the rubbish it unfortunately is. In fact I suspect being 5 minutes shorter is actually an improvement.
As for the Region 1 and 2 thing. Your DVD player will need to be multi region to play it.

I’ve got the C’est la Vie dvd and the InterOcean vid (I bought the vid to see the missing footage) - but trying to watch the film a second time proved too much for a wimp like me. I bailed out, but not before noticing a minute or two extra on the indoor scrapping scene - that’s all we need … longer fisticuffs.
I will finish checking one day, but I have to be emotionally psyched up for having that ‘King for a day’ song repeatedly playing non-stop in my head for a month :P.

Yes, the King For a Day-tune is definitely the best thing about that movie… A damn shame, William Berger is such a damn fine genre-actor… :frowning: