Sartana-films

How about some discussion about Sartana?

This must be the most frequent character in spaghettis, next to all the different Djangos!

I have seen the first one from 68 by Parolini, and also “Have a good funeral…” , “Light the fuse…”, and “Fistful of Lead” , by Carnimeo.

They’re pretty entertaining, but not very deep spaghettis.

“Light the fuse, Sartana is coming” is the best one I’ve seen, I think.

Cian said something about none of them being in the top 20 list, but I feel they’re not that important after all.

What do you think and which ones have you seen?

I’ve seen all 5 of the “official” Sartana pics. I think If you meet Sartana, pray for your death is the best, followed by Light the fuse… Sartana is definitely a James Bond style hero rather than your typical SW anti-hero.

I’ve only seen the original '68 version thus far, but it is a very good spaghetti w/o a doubt. I think what I love most about the film is that it does offer a nicely alternative style, but it never strays far off so that you’d alienate it from the genre. I really enjoy the heightened sense of mysticism, too. Very fun film.

I’ve seen:

If you meet Sartana…pray for your death
-this is actually my least favorite of the official films. I prefer Carnimeo’s films. But I haven’t seen this for a long time and I should give it a try with Wild East’s dvd.

I’m Sartana your Angel of Death
-My favorite Sartana film. Great action and characters.

Have a Good Funeral… Sartana will Pay
-best music in the series.

Light the Fuse…Sartana’s Coming
-Very good film too. Great story and usual strange Sartana-weaponry.

Sartana’s here Trade you’r Pistol for a Coffin
-very entertaining film but George Hilton in the main role makes this one look more like Hallelujah-film in my opinion.

And Fidani :stuck_out_tongue: films:
One Damned Day at Dawn…Django meets Sartana
-My favorite Fidani film with great photography and great gunfights. Funny thing in the movies is that you can’t really know which one is Sartana and which one Django until the very end.

Django and Sartana…Showdown in the West
-One of the worst spaghettis ever. Very boooring…

Four came to Kill Sartana
-Quite entertaining episodic film where hired gunmen challenges Sartana.

Shadow of Sartana…Shadow of your Death
-Very cool title but unfortunately very bad and boring film.

Some others too: Sartana in the Valley of Death, Django defies Sartana, Halleluja and Sartana…

And while speaking of Sartana rip-offs:

Trinity and Sartana Sons of Bitches…
[url]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069409/combined[/url]

This gotta be the strangest Sartana rip-off. I mean we are used to see Sartana wearing black… but black Sartana… ???

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:5, topic:306”]Trinity and Sartana Sons of Bitches…
[url]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069409/combined[/url][/quote]
ok, imdb was wrong as usual. I just watched this (very bad) film and it’s actually Robert Widmark who is Sartana and Harry Baird is Trinity (because he’s from Trinidad :P)

What i like about the SARTANA films is that they don’t take themselves seriously and that just adds to the fun whilst Sartana pulls of his amazing feats
They have a catchy score (especially Have a good funeral my friend… Sartana will pay, my favourite Nicolai western score)

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:4, topic:306”]Sartana’s here Trade you’r Pistol for a Coffin
-very entertaining film but George Hilton in the main role makes this one look more like Hallelujah-film in my opinion.[/quote]
i agree

My favourite Sartana :

[attachment deleted by admin, new size restrictions in place. max allowed size 40kb]

yeah also my favourite,very good camera & directing.

I really like “Have a Nice Funeral…” and “Light the Fuse…” Both excellent films. George Hilton just doesn’t work as Sartana in my opinion but the film he’s in is not all bad.

Flynn

Only seen
Sartana nella valle degli avvoltoi / Sartana In The Valley Of Death PAL R0 Cest La Vie
Buon funerale, amigos!.. paga Sartana / Sartana Noch Warm Und Schon Sand Drauf PAL R2 X Rated
so far.
Gianni Garko really makes the character for me, one of the coolest spaghetti heroes of all time?
Now that the Wild East DVD has been deleted will the original Sartana movie ever get an official release?
I really want to see it :frowning:

That’s what I’m wondering as well. I still don’t have a copy of the original film…

Flynn

[quote=“The Halitosis Kid, post:12, topic:306”]Gianni Garko really makes the character for me, one of the coolest spaghetti heroes of all time?
Now that the Wild East DVD has been deleted will the original Sartana movie ever get an official release?[/quote]
Why was it deleted so quickly? Was there a legal reason? :slight_smile:

It’s still available on some stores. I just ordered mine from xploited cinema.

Yes, you can still get it fairly easily. I think it was discontinued because of an error in the formatting of the disc. Does anyone want to help me out here? Anyone know anymore?

Flynn

I have the five official ones on DVD and I like “If you meet Sartana pray for your death” and “Light the fuse Sartana is coming” best.

The films are semi-comedies, but even though the films don’t take them self to serious they never fail and become cheap comedies, some seriousness is always kept intact.

And this is why they are enjoyable to watch IMO.

[quote=“Dorado, post:17, topic:306”]I have the five official ones on DVD and I like “If you meet Sartana pray for your death” and “Light the fuse Sartana is coming” best.

The films are semi-comedies, but even though the films don’t take them self to serious they never fail and become cheap comedies, some seriousness is always kept intact.

And this is why they are enjoyable to watch IMO.[/quote]

That’s right. Semi-serious and semi-comedy. Just the right amount of each…

Flynn

[quote=“flynnparadox, post:16, topic:306”]Yes, you can still get it fairly easily. I think it was discontinued because of an error in the formatting of the disc. Does anyone want to help me out here? Anyone know anymore?

Flynn[/quote]

Apparently the Wild East Sartana has ratio problems. It looks scrunched up on regular TV’s. I’m assuming that it looks fine on widescreens and plasmas.

I looked up the Sartana films on Imdb and here are the ratings:

If you meet Sartana pray for your death 5.6/10, 83 votes

I am Sartana your angel of Death 6.7/10, 91 votes

Have a Good funeral my friend Sartana will pay 5.8/10 84 votes

Light the Fuse…Sartana is coming 6.4/10, 35 Votes

Why is Pray for your death rated only 5.8? Angel of Death apparently is rated the highest do you agree?

[quote=“mrchallenge, post:19, topic:306”]Apparently the Wild East Sartana has ratio problems. It looks scrunched up on regular TV’s. I’m assuming that it looks fine on widescreens and plasmas.

I looked up the Sartana films on Imdb and here are the ratings:

If you meet Sartana pray for your death 5.6/10, 83 votes

I am Sartana your angel of Death 6.7/10, 91 votes

Have a Good funeral my friend Sartana will pay 5.8/10 84 votes

Light the Fuse…Sartana is coming 6.4/10, 35 Votes

Why is Pray for your death rated only 5.8? Angel of Death apparently is rated the highest do you agree?[/quote]

No idea why that one in particular is rated higher than the others. My favorite is “Have a Good Funeral, Friend…” but “Light the Fuse…” is very close behind.

Here are my observations on the original Sartana film on Wild East DVD:
The picture is certainly squished. On my player, I simply went to the (player) menu and chose “16x9 widescreen” and it looked normal and ended up at an aspect ratio of about 1.66:1. I think, though, this means that the film is cropped. I’m sure on that, though…