Sartana Does Not Forgive / Sartana non perdona / Sonora (Alfonso Balcázar, 1968)

The subs I had on my copy were probably taken from the German disc. Like I wrote a couple of posts back, they’re inadequate and incomplete, but I guess they enable people who don’t speak Italian or Spanish to folow the movie. And the action and story aren’t very hard to understand to begin with, as Stanton pointed out.

Not sure whether I should give it a try or save my money.

If you haven’t seen the movie yet and want to check it out, take a look there. Then decide whether you have to get it on DVD.

Hopefully Koch releases this someday wth the English dub. I loved this film. Reminded me of Wrath of God quite a bit. Just the kind of spaghetti I like.

1 Like

Tilltotally agree, very much the essence of spaghetti feel and atmosphere :wink:

Why are the English subs on the German DVD a disaster?

They’re not in sync with the audio and there’s lots of dialogue where the translation is missing completely

Bummer!

I have a Spanish language broadcast from Australian television. Are there better versions out there? I didn’t bother buying the German DVD.

English subtitles?

Yes, it’s the same one other users here have. I’d like to see some screen-shots of the German DVD to compare.

Check out here

I nearly bought that German DVD then I discovered how shit the English subtitles apparently are.

Where can one obtain this Spanish language/Australian broadcast version?

I’ll swap for the widescreen English fandub of Tre pistole contro Cesarem or a copy of Un hombre y un colt with English subtitles.

I wonder where that fandub came from :wink:

Never mind, I see Cult Action sells it.

Cool upload from @YourPallbearer

1 Like

But did they show it in English ??? … I’ve seen it in Spanish and don’t remember our hero being called ‘Uriah’ … hope some good Aussie sport can upload it for the rest of the SW planet :slight_smile: