SABATA- Questions about plot (Sploiler warning)

I just finished watching the R1 MGM DVD, its a great film and the sound synch problem was hardly noticeable.

I have a few questions regarding the plot of the film. When Sabata and Banjo agree to do the duel, they say your 60000 against my 20000. Where did the 20000 come from?

Than they duel and obviously shoot blanks at each other and Sabata fakes death. How much money does Banjo recieve in the suit case?

SO they obviously planned this ahead of time but than Banjo attempts a double cross and releases the wagon that Sabata is lying in. Sabata knew this might happened and takes a rifle he hid underneath.

He than says that they agreed to 50/50, and than he says that Banjo is now entitled to the army reward and that he has to split it with Carrincha. But the army reward is only 5000. How is 5000 equal to 50-50?

Also, why did they offer Banjo 100000 to kill Sabata when all they had to do was pay Sabata 60000 to leave them alone?

From what I remember, the last figure Sabata came up with was 20000. Beside that, Sabata really started to piss them off, so they wanted him dead at pretty much any cost. All he kept doing was raising the bar, right? And rightfully so, but that’s besides the point. That’s all I can answer for now without putting the dvd in the player.

I just watched it and also wondered where the 20.000 came from? I guess Banjo got offered 20.000 by the judge. The 5000 wasn’t related to ‘50-50’. Sabata just said that since Banjo tried to shoot him he wouldn’t get the 50-50 deal they discussed but just half of the “army-5000”.

The 60.000 are always confusing. I think Banjo got the 20.000 for killing Sabata from the judge. So at the end there were 20.000 in the suitcase. Banjo and Carrincha only got the 5000, the army reward.

It would be logical when Sabata would kill Banjo and then he will get the 60.000. But I think the sum depends on the dubbed version.

That would be a good explanation. Because it’s not like it matters very much but it does seem a bit strange and needlesly complicated :stuck_out_tongue:

What? A Sabata film that’s needlessly complicated? Next you’ll be making those kinds of wild accusations against the Sartana films! :slight_smile:

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:1, topic:706”]I just finished watching the R1 MGM DVD, its a great film and the sound synch problem was hardly noticeable.

I have a few questions regarding the plot of the film. When Sabata and Banjo agree to do the duel, they say your 60000 against my 20000. Where did the 20000 come from?

Than they duel and obviously shoot blanks at each other and Sabata fakes death. How much money does Banjo recieve in the suit case?

SO they obviously planned this ahead of time but than Banjo attempts a double cross and releases the wagon that Sabata is lying in. Sabata knew this might happened and takes a rifle he hid underneath.

He than says that they agreed to 50/50, and than he says that Banjo is now entitled to the army reward and that he has to split it with Carrincha. But the army reward is only 5000. How is 5000 equal to 50-50?

Also, why did they offer Banjo 100000 to kill Sabata when all they had to do was pay Sabata 60000 to leave them alone?[/quote]
This is exactly what Alex Cox says in his Spaghetti Western book.