Run, Man, Run / Corri uomo corri (Sergio Sollima, 1968)

So who hasnā€™t ordered theirs yet? I am still super thrilled this finally came out on BluRay, it really belongs in every collection. Now you can do a Sollima triple feature marathon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just wish my Face to Face was a nice Eureka Blu too. The EM DVD is pretty good though. But I can hope!

2 Likes

Still waiting for mine. Guess it got stuck in that postal strike after all

Sameā€¦itā€™s definitely a possibility though. There are a lot of announcements Iā€™d like that would literally shock me if they became a reality, FTF from Eureka wouldnā€™t surprise me at all though. Hereā€™s hoping :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

there is a new and detailed comparison of the two versions on the Eureka edition

Not sure when the exact switch happened, but the Eureka BluRay is now the single disc edition, no matter where you buy it watch out because it seems to be listed with the same item number

2 Likes

Itā€™s cause the Limited Edition has sold out already so itā€™s just the standard editions now. They donā€™t have the slipcase, poster or the bonus disc that has the shorter international cut I believe

yeah but still a bummer they donā€™t make a separate listing. Itā€™s not very transparent. Itā€™s a different product, it should have a different UPC/EAN etc.

2 Likes

Yeah I donā€™t know why they go through the effort of making a bonus disc and remastering a scan of the shorter version just to drop it after 2000 copies ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

I believe the shorter cut also had an exclusive commentary too so people miss out on that aswell

1 Like

My copy was severely delayed in the mail (Iā€™m in the US), so they kindly sent me a replacement, which then arrived almost the same time as when the original one showed up (we assumed it had gone missing). The limited edition # on the slipcover is identical for each. They told me not to send the replacement back since ā€œreturn to senderā€ doesnā€™t work internationally and would cost me money.

I should add that their customer service was fantastic.

2 Likes

ā€˜RUN, MAN, RUNā€™ (1968)

I have never been a big fan of the third Sergio Sollima SW, ā€˜Run, Man, Runā€™ā€¦until last night, when I watched the uncut 120 min version on the new Eureka BD releaseā€¦and then my opinion changed for the better, and went up quite a few notches.

Indeed, the quality does make the film, and the presentation of ā€˜RMRā€™ is simply stunning.
The Almeria locations looked superb, while the ā€˜over the topā€™ performance by the excellent Tomas Milian, the fiery antics of Chelo Alonso, and the cool gringo played by Donald Oā€™Brien, were thoroughly engaging.

Mention must also be made of the superb Bruno Nicolai score, and the veritable ā€˜whoā€™s who?ā€™ of SW character actors.

A rather good follow-up to ā€˜The Big Gundownā€™, although nowhere near the same in class, atmosphere, or pedigree. This one has an undeniably lighter touchā€¦

ā€˜Run, Man, Runā€™ does, however, have one advantageā€¦that Milian is given free rein to further explore the cunning, unpredictable, likeable but dangerous character of ā€˜Cuchilloā€™.

Iā€™ll definitely be re-watching this one again soon, but next time with the audio commentary.

5 Likes

Next time I will be trying to visualize William Berger as ā€˜Nathanial Cassidyā€™, as thereā€™s something lacking with Oā€™Brien ā€¦ screen charisma! :wink:

2 Likes

IĀ“m also a huge fan of RMR because Cuchillo is such a charizmatic character and IĀ“m a big fan of him (you probably couldnĀ“t hell, huh). I have yet to watch Faccia a Faccia, but if it is better than RMR, I am excited

2 Likes

I think itā€™s better, and it improves with repeated viewing.

1 Like

I know Iā€™m in the minority, but I enjoy RUN slightly more than GUNDOWN or FACE TO FACE. Love all three, for sure.

1 Like

I think all 3 are pretty close.
The lighter touch of RMR is no problem for me, maybe even an advantage. TBG is imo still marred by the overlong ranch scene, which just slows the film down too much in the middle.

Totally agree. Itā€™s not perfectā€¦it lacks a real villain so the final duel feels like it was just thrown in and Iā€™ve always been disappointed by how underused Irleand was. Nearly everything else is great though.

1 Like

Yeah the duels are not on par with TBG and are not too integral to the overall film

1 Like

I thought the climax is rather weak considering the myriad of stuff happening in this movie that constitute quite the buildup. I think the script wouldā€™ve allowed for run man run volume 1 and 2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have to agree because the film is much more calm and ā€œpeacefulā€ (mabye not, but whatever) than The Big Gundown, so the climax feels a little out-of-place.