Roman Polanski Arrested

[quote=“Dillinger, post:20, topic:1984”]Of course. But His mum doesn’t want to support persons like Polanski.
You don’t buy chocolate from Kim Yong-il, you don’t buy or rent a Polanski flick ;)[/quote]

what he said…

[quote=“Dillinger, post:20, topic:1984”]Of course. But His mum doesn’t want to support persons like Polanski.
You don’t buy chocolate from Kim Yong-il, you don’t buy or rent a Polanski flick ;)[/quote]

You wouldn’t have let Michael Jackson babysit your kids the same as you wouldn’t ask Abe Vigoda for secrets on how to look young. Would you let Richard Gere pet-sit your Hamster? You wouldn’t let Michael Vick walk your dog the same as you wouldn’t let Pee Wee Herman or George Michael offer you some hand lotion. What’s your point? Would you ask Marie Antoinette to bake you a cake? I would. I just wouldn’t let Roman Polanski in my house or introduce him to my kids. Or support anyone who thinks he should be freed. Charles Manson made music & John Wayne Gacy painted some pictures. Should their artistic integrity be judged by the fact that they’re FUCKING LUNATICS!!? You can always choose not to support some people who have wronged egregiously but it shouldn’t be confused with their talent. OJ Simpson was a hell of a football player once.

Agreed. Polanski made some good films

I try not to jump on the lynch mob attitude about news story crimes… its fairly obvious Polanski is guilty here, but in general, I think people are quick to jump on the “bandwagon” about cases they have no direct knowledge of. I don’t tend to trust what’s all over the media as being a fair, objective viewpoint… so I try to avoid basing any strong judgments off of what I hear from it

I’m with you on that.

I agree with I…I…Idiot. His art shouldn’t be ignored because he’s a shit of a human being in real life. His movie are not about raping 13-year old girls, so what’s the point? Besides he’s a genius director in my opinion. Don’t get my wrong i do not support him as a person, the thing he did should be justly punished [not in the way Autephex described]. I just think it’s ridiculous that people tend to reevaluate his art because of all this

Agree.

Righto.