Rolling Roadshow-Almeria

Do they sell cider in Spain? ;D

Did you get my PM Phil?

Yes mate.
Will get back to you soon

I’ve cleared the time and I’ve sold a kidney (not the good one ;)) so I’m up for a bit of Spanish cider as the sun goes down.
As Tigger says - it’s logistics now (but I’ve had a word with the ‘boss upstairs’ … so all should be well).

“La la la la la la - el viva Espania” :slight_smile: :smiley: ;D
"La la we’re of to sunny Spain - el viva Espania !!" 8)
HOPEFULLY!! ;D ;D ;D

I wish I was riding the Almeria trail with you lucky devils!

Beware, amigos!! Once you go there and start seeing some of the old locations…you will have the uncontrollable desire to return as frequently as possible!!!

I know I did. I planned on doing that once in a lifetime trip back in 2004 and had to go back the following year…and am planning another journey there for next year!

I am envious…yet happy as can be for you guys!

By that logic - see you in 2009 then Chris. ;D

[quote=“Chris_Casey, post:26, topic:1018”]Beware, amigos!! Once you go there and start seeing some of the old locations…you will have the uncontrollable desire to return as frequently as possible!!!

I know I did. I planned on doing that once in a lifetime trip back in 2004[/quote]
I remembered seeing some great photos of your trip, and also of Yodlaf’s … and I’ve spend a while trying to find them (little thinking that they’d be in ‘Books and Resources’??). Having found them I reckon I should link 'em here (a) so an old thread gets a new lease of life and Yodlaf ain’t forgotten (ok brother valenciano?) :); (b) so Tigero can see what he’s letting himself in for 8); (c) so I can go a bit giddy … ::slight_smile:

[Edit: got so giddy I forgot the link … www.spaghetti-western.net/forum/index.php/topic,759.0.html ]

i’m glad you were giddy…thought my computer had buggered up there.

Will duly take a look myself a Rev…think I might do it sitting down.

so who’s all going? I might go if I can find something really cheap (flight and hotel). good chance to meet my old pal Quentin Tarantino there.

what are some recommended cheap hotels in Almeria?

if the flights weren’t so expensive…

Me, the Rev and Phil H.

See you there I hope. How will SWDB members recognise eachother?

well I’d say we organise a meeting point.

but I can only come if I can summon the money (of which I have non, currently)… unless some madman donates money or something…

if I go, you’ll find me with a beer in my hands chatting with Quentin Tarantino :wink: but I also have a picture of myself in the Staff page

You should definitely try to make it Seb. The more the merrier. And they won’t do it again any time soon I expect.

I know but I can’t very well walk there :wink:

Well, if you start now you might just make it :wink:

[quote=“Sebastian, post:34, topic:1018”]I know but I can’t very well walk there ;-)[/quote]aks quentin maybe? but germanwings and tuifly go to malaga for around 200€ both ways togehter. but with accomodation and drinks and transport to almeria this could get into hundreds of euros.
so we just have to wait for the rolling roadshow to show some karl-may movies, but then we had to go to croatia, right?

thanks for the airline tips. lufthansa even flies to malaga back and forth for about 260… but then find a hotel etc…

Well I’l be the fellah with a big smile and a can of scrumpy. ;D :-*

[quote=“Sebastian, post:30, topic:1018”]so who’s all going? I might go if I can find something really cheap (flight and hotel). good chance to meet my old pal Quentin Tarantino there.

what are some recommended cheap hotels in Almeria?

if the flights weren’t so expensive…[/quote]

I recommend you try to stay at the Hostal Alba in Los Albaricoques, if possible.
Basic lodging, very good food…and I believe the showing of FAFDM will be there (logical since much of that movie was lensed there). I wish I could remember how much (in Euros) it cost me for the half pension rate at the Alba in 2004 and 2005…but, all I can recall is that it was just barely over $200.00 US for a week!!
But, that was 4 years ago.

You could try staying at the El Sotillo Hotel near San Jose (rumor is that is where they will be showing THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY with QT as the host…but, I am not sure…it seems they would be showing FISTFUL OF DOLLARS there to me, since the first buildings you see in that film are now the main buildings of the hotel…). But, I hear that it is quite expensive to stay there.

Don’t know if that helped at all, amigo.

[quote=“Sebastian, post:37, topic:1018”]thanks for the airline tips. lufthansa even flies to malaga back and forth for about 260… but then find a hotel etc…[/quote]where you at? germanwings or tuifly are a bit cheaper but might not fly from close to you(germanwings has more options). there seems to be one hostel in almeria http://www.hihostels.com/dba/hostels-Almeria-051011.de.htm
no idea if this is close to the movie showings. but it should be possible to find something. just be aware that there are hostel(like jugendherberge, and you are still a student so you can bare that, right)and hostal(like pension in deutschland, more expesive but you they normally have double or triple bed rooms.)so i guess a hostel would be the best. unfortunately sites like hostels.net or wordhostel.com dont show any available for june. Hope you can make it. I won´t. If i go to spain i go to Cadíz to visit a friend of mine