Robert Woods on quality DVD

I’ve not seen too many films by Robert Woods but I recently had the chance to see Black Jack & El Puro (thanks Ennio!) and My Name Is Pecos.
I started looking for other films by him because I liked these three.
Almost all the films that are available are only available in relatively poor quality prints. I have Seven Guns For The MacGregors and that seems to be the only one that I can find that is a really nice print (RVH from Italy).
Were his films were not that popular or big money makers?

It seems like with other Spaghetti stars there are quality prints of many of their films. Anthony Steffen, George Hilton, Gianni Garko all have nice looking prints of some of their films. I was just wondering why not Robert Woods?

He did a lot of Spaghettis. Am I missing something?

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Black_Jack/DVD
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Due_once_di_piombo/DVD
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Era_Sam_Wallachlo_chiamavano%27cos%C3%AC_sia%27/DVD
Pecos è qui: prega e muori/DVD - The Spaghetti Western Database
Pistoleros de Arizona, Los/DVD - The Spaghetti Western Database
Quel caldo maledetto giorno di fuoco/DVD - The Spaghetti Western Database
Sette pistole per i MacGregor/DVD - The Spaghetti Western Database
Spacconata, La/DVD - The Spaghetti Western Database
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Taglia_è_tua…_l%27uomo_l%27ammazzo_io%2C_La/DVD

Like you said not many quality releases. Global Video has hinted about releasing My Name is Pecos though.

Thanks for the links.
My Name Is Pecos would be great to see in widescreen.
I’d love to see better prints of El Puro & Black Jack.
The Gatling Gun is part of a cheap two disc set that I ordered (haven’t gotten yet). I don’t expect much in terms of quality but I hear that this movie (aka Machine Gun Killers) is pretty good.

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:3, topic:924”]The Gatling Gun is part of a cheap two disc set that I ordered (haven’t gotten yet). I don’t expect much in terms of quality but I hear that this movie (aka Machine Gun Killers) is pretty good.[/quote]Are you sure it’s the Bianchini film? There’s also American film with same title and it had been released in various cheap boxed sets. Some people seem to like this film, personally I thought it was tiresome.

Aaarg. You are right. I had Robert Woods on the brain when I ordered this. I did not know there was another film called Gatling Gun. I was taking a chance anyway. Thanks for tipping me off. At least it was a cheap DVD.

the same thing happened when i bought the great amercian western volume 12 because it misleadingly says the 1962 early spaghetti western “savage guns” is on it starring don taylor and richard basehart and it turns out to be the miles deem directed robert woods starrer “sam wallach” from 1971 going under the title “savage guns” but at least it is a spaghetti western and i haven’t seen it.

No, it doesn’t.

Take it easy, BL. It just so happens my copy of the Great American Westerns Volume 12 says the same thing as davidf’s. That is why I bought it. I wanted the Don Taylor film…but, it is the Robert Woods film as he said.
So, yes it does.

I always take it easy :wink: Anyway, mine says something else. Perhaps a reissue.
Crappy transfer of Fidani’s movie on that disc by the way. I’m thinking of buying the Dutch vhs, which is over 20 euro.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:9, topic:924”]I always take it easy :wink: Anyway, mine says something else. Perhaps a reissue.
Crappy transfer of Fidani’s movie on that disc by the way. I’m thinking of buying the Dutch vhs, which is over 20 euro.[/quote]

Good to know you always take it easy, brother! :slight_smile:
I would imagine that you do have a reissue, as I have had my copy of that set since before 2004.
And you are absolutely right, amigo…it is a very crappy transfer of the Fidani film. Actually, almost everything on that set is a crappy transfer!
The Dutch VHS is bound to be an improvement.