Riz Ortolani soundtracks (day of anger, beyond the law...)

This is one of my favorite scores from Riz Ortolani. If you havent seen the film or heard the score, I highly reccomend picking them both up. You wont be dissapointed.

1 Like

I love the film and soundtrack too. I’ve tried to buy the CD but I’ve had no luck yet. It was deleted in the nineties I think. Any ideas where I could pick up a copy. I’m also after the soundtrack of Il Grande Duello too.

indeed hard to get :frowning:

You guys should try

They have alot of good stuff.

Grand duel is easily available…I can get you an address in Belgium. He’s got some left…
So could settle for the Kill Bill 2 OST, which has the best part of it featured on it, the parte prima…

Happy hunting!

Along with Day of Anger, Riz Ortolani’s Beyond The Law (Dir. Giorgio Stegani) score is included. This one sounds more like a traditional American western film score. The title has lots of soaring strings and blasting trumpets. Its def not as quirky as many other Italian Western scores usually are.

The film starred Lee Van Cleef, Antonio Sabatao and Bud Spencer.

The names of the tracks:

Beyond The Law
First Robbery
The Saloon
Cudlip and Associates
Novak, Mining Engineer
Second Robbery
Which Side of The Law?
End Titles

[quote=“Angel eyes, post:5, topic:70”]Grand duel is easily available…I can get you an address in Belgium. He’s got some left…
So could settle for the Kill Bill 2 OST, which has the best part of it featured on it, the parte prima…

Happy hunting![/quote]

Thanks for that! Please post the address in Belgium as I really want that CD! :wink:

just drop this guy a line asking for his spaghetti OST list and ask for the album…he’s should be able to help you…

jdmoor@skynet.be

[quote=“Angel eyes, post:8, topic:70”]just drop this guy a line asking for his spaghetti OST list and ask for the album…he’s should be able to help you…

jdmoor@skynet.be[/quote]

is he expensive?

Nope, very fair actually…I’ve met him personally, as he visits cd-movie-fairs…
But, the more unique a dsic is, the more you pay of course…

[quote=“Angel eyes, post:8, topic:70”]just drop this guy a line asking for his spaghetti OST list and ask for the album…he’s should be able to help you…

jdmoor@skynet.be[/quote]

Just to let you know, I bought Il Grande Duello from Jan De Moor and I’m very pleased with it. He’s a very good bloke. I’d recommend him. It’s a shame that he doesn’t have a website or take Paypal (my preferred method of payment).

I’m still looking for Day of Anger if anyone knows where there’s a copy! :wink:

Day of Anger & Beyond the Law:

Day of Anger

1. The Days Of Anger
  2. No Mercy
  3. Serene Night
  4. Killer’s Weapon
  5. To The Last Shot (I)
  6. The Days Of Anger (II)
  7. To The Last Shot (II)
  8. Violence, Hatred
  9. Serene Night
  10. A Strong Man
  11. To The Last Shot (III)

Beyond the Law

1. Beyond The Law
  2. First Robbery
  3. The Saloon
  4. Cudlip And Associates
  5. Novak, Mining Engineer
  6. Second Robbery
  7. Which Side Of The Law
  8. End Titles

I’ve only a couple Riz Ortolani discs Cannibal Holocaust and Perversion Story, but would love to hear more! What else is considered his best work?
Thanks!
\m/G.

Did Dizzy Gillespie play trumpet on the Day of Anger Soundtrack? Sometimes I see his name associated with the title track and I would really like to verify if he did