Rita of the West / Little Rita nel West (Ferdinando Baldi, 1967)

I actually have this in the Spaghetti Western Bible Box Set Trinity: Hands Up, Eyes Down, Pockets Out! collection with all of Bud Spencerā€™s Piedone films. I was skeptical, but after reading Scherpschutterā€™s review, I want to see this one! Good job, mate!

This film is really stupid although some laughs will appear if you watch it.
I found the scene with Django particularly shocking, it was cool to see that the basic traces of the character were preserved but the humiliation was totally unnecessary.

I actually really enjoyed this oneā€¦even the song and dance routines. :stuck_out_tongue: The parody scenes were, of course, my favorite, however. I ended up purchasing Robby Poitevinā€™s instrumental score, as well. Really dig the title theme and 'Tu sei come."

I saw this one today
a nice comedy but not a nice SW
the musical parts were niceā€¦
and the django part **** lllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllll ;D ;D

Damn, it took me almost 10 years to watch this again but now I had subtitled version (sadly missing from songs) and i really enjoyed it again. I love Rita Pavoneā€™s peculiar singing voice and her cute looks and songs. Dancing acts on the other hand werenā€™t that good. But the comedy and the parody elements work well. The guys in the parts of Django and Ringo (or man with no name) must have studied the original films in detail, they play their roles so closely to original. Thereā€™s fair amount of good jokes, Djangoā€™s death scene is funny and the joke about partying mexicans should make anyone who has seen lots of spaghetti westerns giggle.

Ok, ok. I know itā€™s not that good film but itā€™s a kind of guilty pleasure film for me, so 4/5 from me.

I like it too. Actually most people I know who watched it, told me it was better than they had expected. Stanton is an exception.

The First time I watched this I loved it, then it became indifferent, now I hate it. 2 out of 5 from me.

Then donā€™t watch it again!

If I had liked the songs, and if the dance scenes were well filmed, I surely would have liked it, no matter how idiotic the rest would have been.

I watched it once, and lost it at the Django scene, and Gordon Mitchellā€™s ā€œIndianā€.

Harmless enough fun this one, with some silly scenes which made me chuckle.

If you donā€™t like Rita you wonā€™t probably like this film eitherā€¦

But if you donā€™tā€¦ Rita will hit you with hammer

I like the songs, still do in fact. I guess one cannot laugh too many times with the same jokeā€¦!

I mentioned this somewhere that I found this on uTube, and itā€™s pretty bizarre, but I have to admitā€¦the section where she runs into Clint is funny as hellā€¦I keep going back to it, just too bad most of the rest of it isnā€™t as goodā€¦

Database page HERE[/url]

[url=http://forum.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/topic,93.0.html]Forum thread HERE[url]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Little_Rita_nel_west[/url]

Liked this one enough when I watched it

Mainly for Gordon Mitchell and his ā€œSilly Bullā€ character

Fun to watch him play this role with a straight face

Songs and Rita were also fun

3 stars

Just watched this a couple times again for a review on my blog.

It has plenty of shortcomings but somehow I seem to like it more with every viewing rather than less.
I must be getting soft in my old age.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s something wrong with the link, Phil.

Thanks Bill. Not sure what happened there. Iā€™ll fix now

Nice review Phil.

1 Like