RIP Vonetta McGee

Man when it rains it purs. Word has just come out that actress Vonetta McGee died from caridac arrest on Friday July 9th in Berkeley, California. She was 65. McGee played Pauline Middleton in Sergio Corbucci’s “Great Silence”. A full obit will be posted at Cemetery With Crosses. RIP.

Very sad to hear. 65 is far too young.

Beautiful woman. RIP.

A day after my birthday :’(

'love her in SILENZIO, one of my Top5 SW. In fact,
one of my Top 25 films ever.

From my archive with love:

R.I.P. Vonetta

First saw her as Clint’s squeeze in The Eiger Sanction (named “Jemima Brown”, of course), then in Shaft in Africa.

I didn’t realise that she could play anything other than stereotypes, and act with depth and dignity, until I saw her in The Great Silence.

[quote=“Tom B., post:1, topic:2423”]

Man when it rains it purs. Word has just come out that actress Vonetta McGee died from caridac arrest on Friday July 9th in Berkeley, California. She was 65. McGee played Pauline Middleton in Sergio Corbucci’s “Great Silence”. A full obit will be posted at Cemetery With Crosses. RIP.[/quote]Was she definately only 65? That would have made her 23 in Great Silence and I’d say she looked a bit older than that.

I looked on the imdb (yes, I know it’s now always correct) and it lists her d.o.b. as 1940.

R.I.P Vonetta

Yes…Rest in Peace.

RIP Vonetta!

RIP

Sad to see her go… :frowning:

Thanks for posting those pics, Mike.

Great Mike, thanks for posting them! :slight_smile:

Oh no. She was really wonderful!

RIP :’(

That has really dampened my day… RIP Vonetta.

Obituary by Alex Cox in Tuesday’s Guardian.

[url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2010/jul/20/vonetta-mcgee-obituary[/url]

I didn’t find out that she had died until today. This thread was made about a month before I re-joined the forums. It saddens me; she was so beautiful.

RIP