RIP "The Dutchman"

Actor Peter Graves, brother of actor James Arness of “Gunsmoke” fame was found dead in his Pacific Palisades, California house today. He was 83. Graves appeared in the hit TV series “Mission Impossible” as well as the film “Airplane” and the Spaghetti Western film “The 5 Man Army” as the Dutchman along with Bud Spencer. RIP :’(

RIP

I guess I’ll have to watch this one again.

Always liked Graves. He added a touch of class to whatever he appeared in. Including Five Man Army. But my fondest memory of him will always be his portrayal of the pilot in Airplane. His ability to play that straight just made the comedy even funnier. "So tell me Jimmy, have you ever seen a grown man naked?"
A sad loss but one who leaves plenty of great work behind.
RIP.

And he could a versatile actor, I remember seeing him in a television film just by chance playing a great bad guy, chasing some kids that got lost in the desert or something, I was surprise to see him as the baddie as I was used to watch him in mission impossible.

RIP

R.I.P. Peter

[quote=“Phil H, post:3, topic:2279”]Always liked Graves. He added a touch of class to whatever he appeared in. Including Five Man Army. But my fondest memory of him will always be his portrayal of the pilot in Airplane. His ability to play that straight just made the comedy even funnier. "So tell me Jimmy, have you ever seen a grown man naked?"
A sad loss but one who leaves plenty of great work behind.
RIP.[/quote]

Right! (I was thinking, this moring: Where the hell did I see that face before? On a flight maybe?)

He’s also the one with the funny ‘What’s your vector Victor lines’, right?

And then a Dutchman … what shall I say …

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:6, topic:2279”]Right! (I was thinking, this moring: Where the hell did I see that face before? On a flight maybe?)

He’s also the one with the funny ‘What’s your vector Victor lines’, right?

And then a Dutchman … what shall I say …[/quote]

Yes, that’s a Roger, Roger.

‘‘Billy, Do you like movies about gladiator’s’’

“5 Man Army” is close to the top of my " to watch" dvd pile. have seen it on t.v but a long time ago, so that will get a reassesment.

Yesterday I watched 5MA. What a strange coincidence that the Dutchman died almost the same day I recorded the flick. He never was a part of my SW conscience and now he passed away…