RIP Paul Newman

Paul Newman died today aged 83.
Newman was a great actor who built an impecable body of work over a long and illustrious career. He will be sorely missed.
RIP.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Although Paul Newman made films in almost every genre, it will be as Butch Cassidy that I will remember him always. Another legend has left us and no one in todays film industry can pick up the slack. I hope he uses enough dynamite to blast through the gates of heaven. Adios amigo and thanks for the wonderful memories you gave us all over the years. You will be greatly missed :frowning:

This has been a really bad year for actors or celebrities. Heath Ledger, Charleton Heston, Richard Widmark, John Philip Law, George Carlin, Don LaFonataine, and now PAUL NEWMAN. RIP :’( :’( :’(

Seemed a nice guy, although I do not like many of his films.

He certainly did seem like a nice guy. Something like 250 million dollars given to charities from his Salad Dressing sales in the past 25 years. That takes some beating. And I have to confess that I like far too many of his films to mention them all. But Butch Cassidy is a personal favourite along with Cool Hand Luke, and the Hustler. The thing with Newman for me was that he never seemed to make a bad film. Some were better than others and of course everyone has their own tastes. But what I mean is, you can look through his entire body of work and you won’t find anything you could honestly describe as crap. A class act.

Amen to that brother. Sad day. Just told my mom. :’(

Could not agree more.

He was one of my favourite actors, in fact he was the only actor who could have been - in my opinion - an even better Man with No Name than Clint himself

(Quote from: Phil H on Today at 06:55:34 pm
of course everyone has their own tastes.)

My top ten of his films:

1. Exodus
  2. Sometimes a great notion
  3. The Drowning pool
  4. Slap Shot
  5. Hombre
  6. The Hustler
  7. The left-handed Gun
  8. Cool Hand luke
  9. Hud

&

of course

Butch Cassidy & the Sundance kid

He was never a favorite of mine. but its sad to see him pass away.

R.I.P

A very good actor. He will be missed. RIP

Yeah damn, RIP

My favourites of his that i’ve seen are

The Verdict
Fort Apache the Bronx
Hombre
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Was he in Fort Apache?

Nah Fort Apache the Bronx, he plays a New York policeman. It’s a very realistic crime drama.

Oh.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:9, topic:1323”]He was one of my favourite actors, in fact he was the only actor who could have been - in my opinion - an even better Man with No Name than Clint himself

(Quote from: Phil H on Today at 06:55:34 pm
of course everyone has their own tastes.)

My top ten of his films:

1. Exodus
  2. Sometimes a great notion
  3. The Drowning pool
  4. Slap Shot
  5. Hombre
  6. The Hustler
  7. The left-handed Gun
  8. Cool Hand luke
  9. Hud

&

of course

Butch Cassidy & the Sundance kid[/quote]

A good list Scherps, to which I would add Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean. And I agree about him being one of the few who could have played ‘The Man With no Name’. He was the epitome of cool before Clint took over that mantle.

Also for me, a wonderful and very, very charismatic actor.

And Phil is right, I have never seen a real turkey with him.

Ok, one average bore was The Towering Inferno, he was the only interesting aspect of this dated catastrophe.

Otherwise only interesting films and many masterpieces, too many to name them all.

My favourite is Hombre. Followed probably by The Hustler.

another icon gone. i actually love " the towering inferno" although i appreciate it wasn’t solely a paul newman film.my all time favourite film of his and i think proberly his best performance was " cool hand luke". he was from all accounts a very level headed professional actor, businessman and family man. :frowning:

R.I.P. :’(

seconded :slight_smile:

R.I.P. Mr. Newman