RIP Elmore Leonard

(Tom B.) #1

Legendary writer of crime an western novels, Elmore Leonard died August 20th at his home in suburban Detroit, Michigan. He was 87. Leonard wroter novels which were turned in films such as Jackie Brown, Get Shorty, 3:10 to Yuma, Hombre and the TV series JUstified. Two of his novels were made into Euro-westerns: Valdez is Coming (1971) and The Tonto Woman (2007).

(scherpschutter) #2

Never been a fan of the man’s work, but may he R.I.P.

(Yodlaf Peterson) #3

R.I.P. I’ve never actually read any of the books (although I’ve got some of them) but have enjoyed quite a few film adaptions. (How faithful they are to any of the books I have no idea though)

(Bad Lieutenant) #4

RIP

His crime novels are a lot of fun.

(Phil H) #5

For me Leonard was one of the greatest genre fiction writers. His crime books are very good, his westerns are even better.
87 is a good innings but still very sad to see him go.

(Bill san Antonio) #6

I think I’ve only read one of his books but it was a good one. RIP.

(Commissioner) #7

I enjoyed his “Complete Western Stories” collection. Some were better than others, of course, but there’s plenty of good stuff in there.

Sad to hear that he’s died, but he left a good legacy.

(John Welles) #8

R.I.P. Elmore Leonard - truly one of the best Western authors of the last sixty of so years.

(Pacificador) #9

[quote=“Commissioner, post:7, topic:3248”]I enjoyed his “Complete Western Stories” collection. Some were better than others, of course, but there’s plenty of good stuff in there.

Sad to hear that he’s died, but he left a good legacy.[/quote]

This.

(AceHigh) #10

RIP Elmore Leonard.