RIP Damiano Damiani

Director, screenwriter, actor Damiano Damiani died at his Rome hom on March 7th from respiratory failure. He was 90. Damiani wrote and directed “A Bullet for the General” (1966) with Mario Volonte, Lou Castel and Klaus Kinski and “The Genius” (1975) with Terence Hill and Patrick McGoohan.

R.I.P

Directed some excellent crime films aswell, including one of my favourites Confessions of a Police Captain.

He gave us some great films

R.I.P.

R I P

R.I.P. Damiano Damiani - one of the greats of Italian cinema of that era. Maybe it would now be timely if someone wrote a review of A Bullet for a General?

R.I.P.

Horrible news.
Bullet for the General is one of the true great films of the genre imo and a pity that his only other western was the awful ‘Genius’.
As Ennioo said, his Confessions of a Police Captain was also a stand out film.
R.I.P.

Indeed. RIP Mr Damiani :cry:

I will always assoicate him with Arturo’s Island. I remember watching it one blue, teenaged angst Saturday afternoon.

R.I.P. and thanks for all your films.

I initially “liked” Tom’s post about this on facebook, but then I unliked it, because I didn’t want to give the impression that I “liked” the fact that Damiani had died!

Italian cinema has lost another significant figure. RIP.

R.I.P. D.D.

Sad news

RIP

One of the great directors of the genre, A Bullet for a General puts him right there in that place

Grazie Damiano

I think Facebook should have like and dislike buttons on people’s posts, but Facebook doesn’t listen to anyone but Facebook. >:(

I think Facebook should have like and dislike buttons on people's posts, but Facebook doesn't listen to anyone but Facebook

Any page in particular you have in mind?

I own a copy from ‘‘A Bullet for the General’’.An absolute masterpiece.

R.I.P. Mister Damiani.