RIP- Bettie Page

Not Spaghetti related, but the passing of an Icon nonetheless. :’(

My God, you had me running to google, Romaine

Of course I knew who Bettie Page was, but I had no idea she was alive untill very, very recently

[/URL] [URL=http://imageshack.us]http://imageshack.us

What a woman!
The smaller (of course) photo on the right, is one of the last taken of her, at the age of 82, and still charming
They don’t make 'm like this any more …

You, and Bettie’s bottom, just made my day!

Thank you Thank you Thank you Amigo

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Her dvd’s seem to sell well at a film fair I visit.

We didn’t get 'em on this side of the pond - but we’ve got an anthology of Beauty Parade/Eyeful/Titter :D/Wink ;)/Whisper and Flirt in the profane library. There’s some magnificent 'photo-stories with Betty/Bettie in that.
I’d like to have seen her in a SW - whad’yer say Brother Stanton? :wink: (Too ugly?)

Here a youtube link …

and here’s the book I was on about …

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

I’ve just been reading her biography online, and watched an (incredibly rare) interview with her on youtube.
Seems she was already nearly 32 when she was 1955 Playmate of the month - so she’d have been getting on for her mid-40s for the ‘golden era’ of SWs.
Still - she’d have still looked the part for a great saloon madam. Anyway tho’, by this time she’d retired, dedicated her life to Christ, and didn’t want to be seen in public in her later years.
She comes across as an interesting and intelligent lady - has anybody seen that recent biopic about her?

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:5, topic:1472”]I’d like to have seen her in a SW - whad’yer say Brother Stanton? :wink: (Too ugly?)

Here a youtube link …

Sorry, not my type, not excactly ugly, but far from being erotic. Totally dated.

This is much better, much older and has still a modern touch. Clara Bow, the It-Girl:

I can see what you mean here …
amazing clip - the whipping, smashing guitar and all …
I can only imagine what you might be thinking for those first 10 seconds …

I know I was! :wink: ;D

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:8, topic:1472”]I can only imagine what you might be thinking for those first 10 seconds …

I know I was! :wink: ;D[/quote]

I was too

Reminded me of a very silly film with, I think, Raquel Welch spanking a guy
I’ll see if I can find it on You Tube

Here it is (very poor quality, and very short, we keep looking for more):

… with a cowboy hat!
Good heavens! Whatever next? ;D