Richard Widmark has died!

Actor Richard Widmark who appeared in the 1969 Eurowestern “A Talent for Loving” died on Monday March 24th. See ‘Cemetery With Crosses’ for details. :’(

Liked him a lot in The Last Wagon (Delmer Daves 1957). I watched that recently.
RIP

Also like him in Yellow Sky.

My favourite Widmark is maybe:

THE LAW AND JAKE WADE

I wasn’t a fan of Widmark’s when he played the good guy, but as a villain, preferably a little slimy, he was excellent

A sad loss for all western fans.
Widmark was in a host of top notch westerns but my faves would have to be Warlock and Yellow Sky.

Enjoyed his role in To the Devil a Daughter.

[quote=“Phil H, post:4, topic:964”]A sad loss for all western fans.
Widmark was in a host of top notch westerns but my faves would have to be Warlock and Yellow Sky.[/quote]

OH YEAH!!!

Both WARLOCK and YELLOW SKY are brilliant films!!
And I like GARDEN OF EVIL , as well.

Widmark was great in all of those.

But, I have to say that I sort of agree with scherpschutter—I prefer when Widmark was the bad guy. Or, when he was somewhere in-between like in Sam Fuller’s PICK-UP ON SOUTH STREET.

Yes, a sad loss for Thriller and Film Noir Fans too. Always liked him on Screen. He was a remarkable Actor and had always good performances.

[quote=“Phil H, post:4, topic:964”]A sad loss for all western fans.
Widmark was in a host of top notch westerns but my faves would have to be Warlock and Yellow Sky.[/quote]

Sure, Warlock, one of my favourite movies

Didn’t think of it; it’s more a Fonda/Quinn movie to me, I guess

I had never seen GARDEN OF EVIL until a year or two ago. Immediately I recognized the story outline, and realized it was later used as the basis for FIND A PLACE TO DIE.