Region Free Blu Ray Player - Europe

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know where to look for a reliable region free player to allow me to play American discs ? I’ve a bunch of Criterions I can’t watch?

Preferably a source in the EU so I can avoid all of the import tax issues if possible.

Thanks!

the market has thinned a bit, so you gotta google, ebay amazon your way through the remaining sellers that have them, e.g. some really old ones https://amzn.to/3rnCcZH
ebay may have a few more options.

My suggestion> there are some really expensive ones that can be ordered region free, like from Oppo etc, but it might be better to just get a cheap one for the odd US disc you have and have you primary player be of better quality/newer.

1 Like

Another popular choice is buying a second-hand PS3 and jailbreaking it to allow for multi-region capabilities. (I’ve done this but it has a downside of the annoying;y loud PS3 fans making a lot of noise while playing discs)

There’s two companies here in the US that sell internationally without much tax hassle: Bombay Electronics and 220-Electronics.

I would recommend Bombay Electronics since your locale’s within the EU and have heard some good comments from YouTubers in Europe who order from them.

Here’s the links to both companies’ websites. Hope this info was helpful.

2 Likes

I don’t think you can go wrong with either company @makesthemovie suggested. I personally deal with 220 Electronics but have heard a lot of good things about Bombay Electronics.

2 Likes

Try at www.stegen.com they are placed in The Netherlands and should be pretty reliable.

1 Like

Thanks a million for those replies, folks. That’s really helpful.

Amazon.co.uk. has lots of these. Mainly Panasonic brand. When I got mine in 2018 it was £58. Now they’re £158.
Sample model: Panasonic DMP-BDT167EB-K Smart 3D ICOS Multi Region All Zone Code Free Blu-ray Player. Blu-ray zones A, B and C, DVD regions 1-8. YouTube, Netflix etc. HDMI output. HDD Playback.
Make sure it’s region free Blu-Ray, because some companies say region free, but its only the DVD part that is region free

Here is a link to use which supports the SWDb: Amazon.co.uk