Recycling Of SW Film Soundtracks

I seem to remember “Django Prepare A Coffin” using music from Morricone’s “Bullets Don’t Argue”.

Hey guys there is a nice music in the django 2 1987 trailer…but that is not on the ost…lol

You really like that music :slight_smile: .

hahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaa

So the choirmistress and I are tucking into the best curry Sheringham has to offer, which I have to say was jolly good (and coming from near Bradford that’s saying summat) - and my ears prick open - did I just hear a tiny snippet of a very recognisable spag tune in an otherwise bollywoodish bit of snog-nonsense duet-ty type muzic?
The choirmistress confirmed I was not having one of my divine aural hallucinations - so… all thought of my finishing my Lamb Achar were put on hold and the waiter summoned. Since said tune had finished and was on a random loop, and my explanations including the word spaghetti,this only added to a minor linguistic and cultural confusion that was unfolding - it seemed that I may never yet hear this again without devoting myself to starting a search through the 12,000 or so Indian films that exist. :o
But we persevered (the waiter realised I was not going to make his job of serving others easier until it was found), and although not an actual ‘lift’ - it is too close for coincidence…

Here ‘tis…

20 seconds worth around the 2.20 mark - and jus’ look at the snowy love theme elsewhere in the clip… hmmmm? :slight_smile:

Did I notice some similarity/crossover between Django and A Bullet for the General?

Im talking about the wacky music accompanying the Mexican banditos as theyre riding theyre horses.

Sounded same/similar to me. Both released in '66? Which came first I wonder.

But then again a lot of A Bullet for the General’s music seems to be influenced by other westerns.

You’re right…i’ve seen that, too :wink:

Django was much earlier.

Bacalov tracks from Django and /or A Bullet For The General tend to pop up in other Bacalov scores, sometimes the tracks are slight variations.

John the Bastard in His Name Was Pot
Sugar Colt in Death on High Mountain