R.I.P. Legends Lost but Remembered

Alexis Arquette, the transgender character actress and sibling of actors David, Rosanna, Richmond and Patricia Arquette, died early on Sunday morning in Los Angeles. She was 47 and surrounded by family who serenaded her with David Bowie’s Starman, her siblings said in a statement.

Best known to me in her small but memorable pre-transition role as “Fourth Man” in the Quentin Tarantino classic Pulp Fiction (1994), she also appeared in Bride of Chucky (Yu, 1998) among many other pictures.

RIP

Thanks Giuliano, RIP

R.I.P Giuliano Carnimeo …enjoy the westerns !

RIP Tonino Valerii

Italian director, assistant director, writer and actor Tonino Valerii died in Abruzzo, Italy on October 13th. He was 82. Born Antonio Valerii on May 20, 1934 in Montorio al Vomano, Teramo, Italy, he started his film career as an assistant director on Sergio Leone’s “A Fistful of Dollars” (1965), before moving on to direct by himself. Among his best-known films are “Day of Anger” (1968) “The Price of Power” (1969), “A Reason to Live, a Reason to Die” (1972) and “My Name Is Nobody” (1973).

That is sad news. Valerii made some great films of which Day of Anger remains a firm favourite of mine. Might watch Price of Power in his honour this weekend though. Another good one from the man.
R.I.P.

Very sad…

82 years is an respectable age so as long as it was a smooth passing… My Name is Nobody is my favourite of his and I don’t think I’ve seen that in HD yet, so might take it for a spin.

Sad news indeed,…R.I.P. Tonino.

Think i’ll watch ‘Day of Anger, The Price of Power and Taste of Killing’ this weekend. The other two spagh’s i really don’t care much for it.

R.I.P. Tonino.

2016 has not been a good year so far. It’s horrible to see that not only two of the giants in this genre have passed, but a vast number of other wonderful artists have also passed.

So… when’s that meteor supposed to hit?

RIP Tonino. A master of the westerns, as well as eurocrime. Vai Gorilla is a great thriller.

Yep R.I.P…Day of Anger is probably my favourite western of his.

Very sad – Roberto Curti in the preface to his Valerii monograph: “Unfortunately Tonino’s health got worse and worse in the last couple of years. I sincerely hope that when this book is out he is still with us and appreciates the result. I hope his pale blue eyes shine when he sees it […]” (p. 6).

Leonard Cohen died last Monday, November 7. He was eighty-two years old.

Thank you!!!

A song that probably touches many other hearts in different ways.
It touched my heart…

Yep. Just put on the only Cohen-album I own, the excellent I’m Your Man … Must have heard that one a billion times by now. RIP.

Won’t pretend to be a fan in a wider sense but hearing of Mr. Cohen’s passing made me think immediately of Waiting For the Miracle as is always the case when I think of Leonard Cohen, which in turn has made me want to watch Natural Born Killers (Stone, 1994) as is always the case when I think of Waiting For the Miracle.

RIP

Totally diff. subject., ‘Last Caress, …but hope your’e feeling better since your ’ Man Fllu’?

Feeling a lot better Toscano, cheers.

So good to hear thta youthat touthtat youogtoo llast A