R.I.P. Legends Lost but Remembered

Michael Cimino

RIP Caroline Aherne, creator of Mrs. Merton and The Royle Family. Cancer. She was 52, no age at all.

R.I.P Bud… so many enjoyable movies made.

Abbas Kiarostami died in Paris yesterday, aged seventy-six. Among his best-known films are Certified Copy (2010), Ten (2002), The Wind Will Carry Us (1999), Taste of Cherry (1997), and Close-Up (1990). – A sad loss for cinema.

RIP Emma Cohen. Spanish actress and director Emma Cohen passed away from cancer at her home in Ciudad Santo Domingo, Madrid, Madrid, Spain. She was 69. Cohen studied to be a lawyer in Barcelona because it was her parent’s wishes. When she discovered the theater and began reading the classics she changed her mind and became an actress. She went on to appear in over 80 films and TV appearances as well as being a screenwriter and director. She was the widow of director Fernando Fernán Gómez [1921-2007]. Emma appeared in three Euro-westerns: The Legend of Frenchie King 1971 as Virginie, Cut-Throats Nine 1972 as Sarah Brown and Cipolla Colt (aka Spaghetti Western) 1975 as Mary Ann Pulitzer.

Great cartoonist and illustrator Jack Davis died last Wednesday, July 27. He was ninety-one years old. Obituary, written by Gary Groth, and tributes on the website of The Comics Journal.

One of the best. He made some great movie posters, my favorite is this:

1 Like

Lemmy of Motorhead (24/12/45 - 28/12/2015).

My rock hero.

Shoot You In The Back , from the Ace of Spades album(1980) was about gunfighters.

Sure was a cool dude !

1 Like

The Last Movie you Watched Thread has died after 10 000 posts. RIP, not all get that old …

2 Likes

RIP Mario Novelli. Italian stuntman and actor Mario Novelli (aka Anthony Freeman) has died. He was 76. Born Mario Novelli on Febraury 26, 1940 in Rome, Italy he became an often seen face in Spaghetti western genre of the 1960s and ‘70s appearing in 10 Euro-westerns such as: “Texas, Adios” (1966), “The Stranger Returns” (1967), “And God Said to Cain” (1969) “Dead Men Ride” (1971) and “California” (1977). His sons Alessandro [1970] and Emilaino [1972] followed his path into the film industry.

1 Like

What a great face he had…R.I.P

Gene Wilder (Jerry Silberman) passed away

I was all misty eyed when I heard the news. The Frisco Kid and Silver Streak were my favorite Wilder films. RIP Gene.

Very sad to hear this. Wilder in full manic mode a la Young Frankenstein and The Producers is a joy to behold.

GENE WILDER.

My feelings very similar to those expressed by Phil H.
I heard the news last night, and my immediate thought was one of loss; and yet, also, of joy, at the countless hours of pleasure that Gene Wilder brought to the screen.
When a personality has spent his/her life bringing laughter to so many multitudes, then it is difficult to know whether to laugh or cry.
Gene would probably say “'Do both”.
And - by the way, “I prefer FRANKENSTEEN”!.

R.I.P. GENE WILDER.

RIP Giuliano Carnimeo (aka Anthony Ascott)

RIP Giuliano Carnimeo. Italian producer, director and writer Giuliano Carnimeo, known to most Euro-western fans as Anthony Ascott died in Rome on September 10th. He was 84. As Anthony Ascott he was one of the premier action directors in Italian film and will forever be associated with the creation of the “Sartana” character played by Gianni Garko. Ascott directed several Sartana films among his 13 Euro-westerns. Born in Bari, Puglia, Italy on July 4, 1932 he was one of the greats of the genre and will missed.

Sad news indeed.

Have a Good Funeral, My Friend.

RIP

RIP Anthony. Lo Chiamavano Giuliano. A very sad day indeed.

Sad news.
R.I.P