R.I.P. Legends Lost but Remembered

Yes R.I.P still like his shows.

RIP Moira Orfei. Legendary Circus owner, performer and actress Moira Orfei died overnight in Brescia, Italy. She was 83. Orfei was found in her mobile home by her relatives this morning. The circus troupe was on tour and a scheduled performance today and then in Milan will go on. Moira was born in Codropio, Undine, Italy on December 21, 1931. She was born into a circus family with her father Riccardo Orfei, was known as the famous clown Bigolo. Her mother was Violet Arata, brothers Paolo, a juggler and acrobat, and Mauro, an acrobat on bicycles. Also cousins, actress Liana Orfei, and Graziella were both circus performers. Moira appeared in two Euro-westerns: Samson and the Slave Queen (1963) and The Two Sergeants of General Custer (1965).

RIP Nando Gazzolo. Italian stage, radio, film, TV and voice actor Nando Gazzolo died in a hospital in Nepi, Italy today. He was 87. Gazzolo was born on October 16, 1928 in Savona, Liguria, Italy, the son of actor Lauro Gazzolo [1900-1970], radio announcer Aida Ottaviani Piccolo and half-brother of actor Virgilio Gazzolo [1936- ]. Nando appeared in three Euro-westerns: Django Shoots First (1966) as Ken Kluster/Custer, the TV western “Don’t Sing Shoot (1967) as Roy Thomas but is probably best remembered as Ken Seagall in “The Hills Run Red (1966). He is remembered for his tremendous voice by Italian film goers as he was the Italian voice of Gian Maria Volonte in “Fistful of Dollars” (1964) and “For a Few Dollars More” (1965). The voice of Anthony Steffen in “7 Dollars to Kill”, Leo Anchoriz in “7 Guns for the MacGregors”, James Mitchum in “The Tramplers” (all 1966), Horst Frank in “Viva Django! (1967) and Patrick McGoohan in 1975’s “The Genius”.

I’ve only just noticed that Gunnar Hansen (Leatherface, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre) passed away the Saturday before last, of pancreatic cancer. He was 68. RIP

RIP Charlie Sheen

Italian actress Nicoletta Machiavelli died on November 15, 2015 in Seattle, Washington. She had been diagnosed with an unknown illness in March of this year. She was 71. Machiavelli was currently teaching Italian and holding cooking classes at Washington State University. Nicoletta starred in 8 Euro-westerns including The Hills Run Red, Navajo Joe, A Minute to Pray a Second to Die and Garter Colt. She appeared on the TV series Stracult last summer, and was scheduled to appear in the upcoming The Resurrection of El Puro with Robert Woods.

RIP - a really iconic actress for the genre who starred in many, many fine films.

That’s horrible news. I had no idea she had been unwell.
Very sad.

Did not know either…R.I.P

71 is no age for such a beauty :’(. RIP.

Sad news. Requiescat in pace.

Sad news indeed… R.I.P. Nicoletta.

Think i’ll watch Garter Colt tonight.

[size=12pt]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Nicoletta_Machiavelli[/size]

R.I.P. Nicoletta

Spanish director, screenwriter, production manager and actor Juan Bosch died in Barcelona, Spain on November 17th. He was 90 Born Juan Bosch Palau on May 31, 1925 he was known to most Spaghetti western fans under the pseudonym John Wood he directed eight Euro-westerns with some of the greatest titles in film history, including Stagecoach of the Condemned 1970, The Buzzards and Crows Will Dig Your Grave, Dig Your Grave Friend… Sabata’s Coming both 1971, God in Heaven, Arizona on Earth – 1972 and Dallas 1974.

Good age…R.I.P

Another legend gone. RIP Juan.

RIP María del Puy

Spanish voice actress María del Puy died in Madrid of a heart attack on November 25th in Madrid, Spain. She was 78. Born María del Puy Alonso González in Pamplona, Navarra, Spain in 1938. She worked at RNE, Radio Continental and Radio Madrid and was “the voice” of actresses like Ingrid Bergman, Liz Taylor, Shirley MacLaine, Jane Fonda, Glenn Close and Liza Mininelli. To Euro-western fans she was the Spanish voice of such actresses as Marianne Koch in “A Place Called Glory” (1965), Sophie Daumier in “Fort Yuma Gold” (1967), Stella Steven in “A Town Called Hell” (1971), Michele Mercier in “The Call of the Wild” (1972), Patty Chepard in “The Stranger and the Gunfighter” (1974) and Paolo Bose in “California (1977).

1 Like

Italian stage and film actor Gabriele Ferzetti died today in Rome, Italy. He was 90. Born in Rome on March 17, 1925, he appeared in over 100 films during his career and is most famous for his teaming with director Michelangelo Antonioni. He’s probably best remembered for his only western role as Mr. Morton aka Mr. Choo-choo in Sergio Leone’s Once Upon a Time in the West.

R.I.P…love his role in the Leone film.