Quinto: Fighting Proud / El valor de un cobarde / Quinto: non ammazzare (León Klimovsky, 1969)

hehe, this must be worst english translation of a movie title.

Film is quite promising but would have needed better cast to keep me interested. There isn’t much action in the film after the cool beginning where the bandits rob the bank dressed as a hooded lepers. Then it’s more about men talking and stalking each other while girls keep seducing them. There’s twist after twist in the plot and in the end I’m not quite sure what was the real motivation for some people’s actions.

Steven Tedd plays his role as if he were in the silent movie always clutching his hands and moving strangely.

2/5

Tedd is a bit of a “wimp” style character most if not all the time as I remember.

Would like a VHS with English audio if anyone has one to sell.

I’m not fond of Klimovsky 's westerns at all, but this one is pretty good. It got my attention from the beginning with those leper bankrobbers, great idea. Just whish the cast were a little better.

If you haven’t seen this before and you watch the WE disc, you might be a little confused. It appears they have used more than one source and unfortunately they have mixed up a couple of sections so the film is out of sequence.

Uh oh! So my Greek VHS might be superior?!

For now. I haven’t received a reply yet on my inquiry.

Just watched this SW and decided to make a comment as there has been no activity on this topic for a while. The movie is an average SW - probably could have been better but I found some of the english lines to be poor.

Note: there is a note on the Wild East site that the DVD is on-hold due to an issue some time ago - I was able to purchase it from them and the issue seems to be resolved on the current edition.

Yep replacement discs was sent to those (like me) that got the faulty one. What was wrong was according to Wild East: “…our original disc had two reels in the wrong order for Thou Shalt Not Kill”

1 Like

This was our mystery movie, in case you were following our detective case

1 Like

But it probably was never released theatrically, only planned to release.

According to Bruckner the first German version was on TV in 1985.

Also the first time for me seeng this title.
Bruckner copied the data from “Lexikon des internationalen Films” that shows TV (RTL) 13.8.1985 as first release date.
But that is not correct because the movie was released as BLUTIGE DOLLARS before on video from two German labels (Comet Video and Inter-pathe Video). They do not have the FSK sticker or any advice and so they have been released before 1985. I guess first German relase on video was between 1981 and 1984. It was not released theatrically before in Germany…maybe in Austria.

1 Like

Really like this one also ,have it on DVD from wild east productions. The beast is also on this DVD.

This is a great flick, love this one. Going to watch again on first of November. Seems like I keep pulling this down to watch it, WILD EAST PRODUCTIONS did a good job of saving this one. Really enjoyed.

Copied from the Spagvemberfest 2022 thread:

I just watched this one again.
If someone could update the main page: Quinto: non ammazzare

At least some of the “filming locations” were set at:

Ciempozuelos
Colmenar Viejo

Thanks,

1 Like

This movie’s entry in our database has been updated to the new layout. Corrections and additions welcome.

1 Like

This one has now been updated with A NEW POLL to vote on at the top of the page under the original post. Please find it and share your rating with the community.

As usual, link to forum page has also been added / fixed, poster art added, and broken links removed. The original member’s post is as intended, at the top section.

Any issues, please say.

1 Like

New review by @perdono in German and English

2 Likes

Little whodunit gem with a memorable intro (bank robbery with robbers disguised in creepy kkk masks) and thrilling flashbacks in black and white.

The direction is rather average but it is well written and there is an amazing performace by charismatic Germán Cobos as Sucre who reminded me of Sean Connery.

If you liked Shoot the Living, Pray for the Dead, you will likely like even this. The conception of the two movies is very similar. Recommended. 4/5

1 Like