Question about regioncodes and subtitles of spaghetti's

I’m looking for some online shops that sell spaghetti’s, but i prefer dutch or english subtitles.

Do all (or most) region 2 dvd’s always have dutch / english subtitles?

If i buy a region 1 dvd, does it usually have at least english subtitles?

Or isn’t there a standard for this and does it always depend on the release?

tx

[quote=“El Manco, post:1, topic:1532”]I’m looking for some online shops that sell spaghetti’s, but i prefer dutch or english subtitles.

Do all (or most) region 2 dvd’s always have dutch / english subtitles?

If i buy a region 1 dvd, does it usually have at least english subtitles?

Or isn’t there a standard for this and does it always depend on the release?

tx[/quote]
Depends on the release, i advise you to browse our database for info on DVD releases
Btw: Welcome!

i will do that, thanks

welcome!

yeah generalizations are usually pointless. I guess look for dutch releases first, and then check out UK and German releases… even though I think the database lacks considerable amounts of dutch DVD releases if I’m not mistaken

[quote=“Sebastian, post:4, topic:1532”]welcome!

yeah generalizations are usually pointless. I guess look for dutch releases first, and then check out UK and German releases… even though I think the database lacks considerable amounts of dutch DVD releases if I’m not mistaken[/quote]

There aren’t that many

Apart from the Leones, DFW has a lot of Terence Hill & Bud Spencer titles, but no Ace High for example

You can always ask on here about specific titles if the info you want is not on the database. If anyone has it (and there is usually at least someone who will have a copy of what you are interested in) they can let you know what subs are on that particular release.

Is there anything in particular you would like info on?

If you buy a Region 1 US spaghetti western DVD I will beat you a thousand dollars that everyone of them will carry at least English subs and the majority will have the English dub.

Region 2 country is more diverse. You’ll have to check each release individually. The splendid Koch Media releases carry at least English subs (minus a couple of their early releases which had only Italian/German options)… Scandinavian releases almost always carry the English dub and native subs.

none of the Wild East releases have subtitles, neither does VCI and Dorado releases.

he was probably talking about “real” companies :wink: LOL

I meant English dub or English subs of course … :slight_smile: That’s what I meant with at least, understanding that the English dub carries more weight than English subs.

The only US releases that have been good with English subtitles have been the Blue Underground releases.

Shame they stopped releasing Spaghetti westerns they had not released before.

and now they’re doing all this bluray shit… as if exploitation film lovers cared about hi-res picture, not to mention the price of the equipment

Wise words.

I’ve read somewhere that blu-ray is not going to live too long anyway

It will, it will.

When the players are cheap enough, everybody will buy it instead of a new DVD player. and when the discs are as cheap as the DVDs, why not buying the one with the higher resolution?
And when TV starts to air in HD quality in maybe 2 or 3 years, the only way to record it properly will be a BR recorder. And when people compare the DVD resolution with the BR resolution on their big TV screens, they will have it.

But of course the prices have to go down first, otherwise too much people are satisfied with what they have.

Don’t worry, BR is compatible with DVD, it’s only a matter of time.

yeah but at the moment it sucks that companies like blue underground are pushing it, that’s so pointless from our perspective