Quentin Tarantino fans

Both are two different movies. Tarantino’s Movie isn’t like Castellari’s Movie. The original Bastards have more in common with typical Men on a Mission Movies. The Basterds in Tarantino’s Movie are not the only focus of the movie. There is a second plot line with a French Jewish Girl who owns a cinema. These parts looked for me like the french cinema in the 50’s and 60’s. At the final chapter both story lines got connected. Castellaris Bastards are pretty fun but I prefer Tarantino’s Movie.

[quote=“Rififii, post:60, topic:613”]Theres not a whole lot of it…but when its there, I have never seen it more realistic…
So sure it isn’t the moist violent film of all time, but probably the most graphic…[/quote]
I guess you haven’t watched any real extreme cinema so far. I’m just guessing IB can’t be THAT violent - i haven’t seen it.

I’ve seen many gratuitously gory and ultra violent films…but they always feel so fake and looks unconvincing…this had some extremely graphic images, stuff like I couldn’t imagine, but again not a lot of it…

IB is violent but the story took place during the second world war and war is always brutal. In Germany IB got an age rating of 16. They are very strict in Germany and if it would have been too violent the rating would have been 18 or older.
IMO it was violent but not too violent. Horror Movies like Saw or Torture Movies like Hostel are more violent.

Agreed! Haven’t seen either IB or Hostel but a movie about people paying to torture American backpackers seems quite disgusting! Especially when it’s as graphic as in Hostel!

[quote=“Paco Roman, post:64, topic:613”]IB is violent but the story took place during the second world war and war is always brutal. In Germany IB got an age rating of 16. They are very strict in Germany and if it would have been too violent the rating would have been 18 or older.
IMO it was violent but not too violent. Horror Movies like Saw or Torture Movies like Hostel are more violent.[/quote]

Those films aren’t at all violent to me, they just have a lot of gore that looks so unbelievable…Inglourious Bastards violence looks so real, and I am not talking the war violence (as scalping and baseball bat beatings are not often war movie traits making it way brutal despite the war aspect)but this was serious twisted methods in violence…

Do you consider the violence in Kill Bill realistic?

I’ll explain my reasoning if you bite.

I was surprised how tame Basterds was, in all respects. you hardly see the violence, ther eis hardly any violence, and when u see it, it’s not even close to the graphic qualities of kill bill for examples

Kill Bill is not graphic at all…maybe I live in another dimension…

You can’t be serious? A woman is beat nearly to death, then shot in the head, she crushes a mans skull in a door, arms are chopped off, an entire army of Yakuza’s are dismembered graphically, the top of someone’s head is chopped off.

Yep, you live in another dimension brother. :wink:

I think the opening of Kill Bill where she gets shot in the head is more graphic that anything in Inglorious Basterds.

I agree. You must be desensitized. Kill Bill was comically violent.

But really, Inglorious Basterds is just as comically violent as Kill Bill

IMO the few violent scenes in IB were more intensive as in the Kill Bill’s.

We must be very much alike, Rififii. You are the only one on the forum who thinks “Kill Bill” isn’t violant and I think “A Fistful of Dollars” should have PG certificat. Maybe we do live in a differant dimension where you watch films with your eyes shut :wink: !

Maybe you live in the same dimension in which the story of Inglourious Basterds took place! :smiley:

Youre on to something…
A Fistful of Dollars is definitely tame…violence is there but in o way graphic…, I think a lot of people feel the same way as there isnt much argument on the subject…

I’ve always maintained that the SW’s got a bad rap on the violence. Yes there were people shot killed etc. but very little blood and even in Django the most violent scene is Brother Jonathan having his ear cut-off. When Franco cuts down the 30 or so henchmen there is very little blood. The blood didn’t come along until the late 70s Mannaja, Cut-Throats Nine etc.

IMO Django Kill if you live shoot! is more violent.

More violent than what? The Spaghettis Tom listed or IG?