Progressive Rock Appreciation Thread

Don’t know them :frowning:

[quote=“Dillinger, post:19, topic:1163”]I like:

The Mars Volta
King Crimson[/quote]

I liked the first Mars Volta album, it was quite impressive… but they lost me with the last one. Wasn’t bad, just didn’t have the same gusto… Was/am also a fan of At The Drive-In- which had the same vocalist & guitarist

been meaning to check out King Crimson for a while, a name that keeps popping up and always stands out to me because of the Crimson King in the Dark Tower series

I like Amputechture by The Mars Volta a lot. For many people it’s too nervous or nerve-ripping, but to me it’s a masterpiece.

I just did a lookup on the wiki for Mars Volta, and I guess I really lost touch with them

The first album I was referring to was De-Loused in the Comatorium, which I really love- and also the Tremulant EP is pretty good.

The album that lost me was Frances the Mute, and I didn’t even realize they had 2 newer albums since. I will definitely check these out. Too nervous & nerve-ripping sounds right up my alley :slight_smile:

They have one album called The Conjuration By The Fire

Is it worth listening?

Yea! But it’s still coherent, so it can be heard in one sitting from A-Z.

I think so.

Allright.

It’s on the darker side of prog which is why I like it.

[quote=“autephex, post:24, topic:1163”]I just did a lookup on the wiki for Mars Volta, and I guess I really lost touch with them

The first album I was referring to was De-Loused in the Comatorium, which I really love- and also the Tremulant EP is pretty good.

The album that lost me was Frances the Mute, and I didn’t even realize they had 2 newer albums since. I will definitely check these out. Too nervous & nerve-ripping sounds right up my alley :)[/quote]

Deloused is a good album, Frances the Mute has some very good moments, I didn’t buy the later albums : I listened to them once and wasn’t impressed