POST APOCALYPTIC cinema

I have these posters, and got two of them signed when i met Enzo G Castellari :slight_smile:

BRONX WARRIORS (U.K. QUAD)

BRONX WARRIORS 2 (U.K. QUAD)

THE NEW BARBARIANS (U.K. QUAD)

Nice! You got him to sign a couple of your SW posters aswell I take it? You sure seem to have a pretty decent Italian movie poster collection, amigo :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, cool stuff Yodlaf. I haven’t seen the movies yet, but I reckon they’re not as easy to look at as the posters.

Maybe not as easy, no, but they’re excellent films (if, of course, you’re a fan of this genre…)
Wonderful posters, Yodlaf!

um i gotta see this one …a sure cinematic masterpiece.

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

I love post apocalyptic stuff…

I’d like to point everybody’s attention to

www.grindhousedatabase.com

our new sister site

Remind me of the 80’s these films, and guess that is down to the fact the majority of them are made in the 80’s ;D.

2020 Texas Gladiators is amazing, as is Endgame, both opuses of Joe D’Amato. Also, The Final Executioner and She are both really campy, terrible, and yet original. Only the Italians knew how to make real PA films.

Watched Bronx Warriors 2 today. While not as entertaining as Bronx Warriors 1 (which had Fred Williamson who is hard to replace) it’s still great fun.

This time with participation by Henry Silva who has some great lines, at one point going mental over sugar in his coffee which in his own words ‘make him crazy’ which we know at that point is precisely what he is.

Nice little action-packed movie. Recommended.

I got it on a double feature from Vipco featuring both part 1 and 2, don’t know if a better version exists but this one was in non-anamorphic 2.35:1 with a nice clean picture which looked uncut.

i know this belongs more into the grindhousedatabase.com forums but can somebody with more knowledge of post apoc cinema compile a list of the top 10 must see ones for me?

Hi Sebastian,
I have my personal list of MUST SEE Post Apocalyptic Films as follows:

World the flesh and the devil 1959 Mel Ferrer Inger Stevens
TIME MACHINE 1960 Rod Taylor Yvette Mimieux
Last Man On Earth 1964 Vincent price
PLANET OF THE APES 1968 Charlton Heston
BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES 1969 James Franciscus
Andromeda Strain 1971 Arthur Hill
The Omega Man 1971 Charlton Heston
Soylent Green 1973 Charlton Heston
Chosen Survivors 1974 Diana Muldaur
Logans Run 1976 Michael york
Buck Rogers In 25th Century 1979 Gil Gerard
New Barbarians 1982 Fred Williamson
Running Man 1987 Arnold Schwarzenegger
Cyborg 1989 Jean Claude Van Damme
Twelve Monkeys 1995 Madeleine Stowe Bruce Willis

That is 15 must see films all Post Apocalyptic with my classics from 1959 up to 1995
In BOLD are most recommended.

I hope this list helps you Sebastian, if not I enjoyed compiling it anyway. :slight_smile:
These Post Apocalyptic Films are a superb genre.

yeah I know the apes and monkeys films. mad max is missing from your list, so is the road warrior :wink:
but thanks, i’ll look especially into the 60s and 70s ones

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:31, topic:712”]PLANET OF THE APES 1968 Charlton Heston
The Omega Man 1971 Charlton Heston
Soylent Green 1973 Charlton Heston[/quote]
Charlton Heston is THE man. Soylent Green is especially nice and I’ve actually enjoyed all the Planet of the Apes-movies. Not the remake though, bloody awful movie. Bruno Mattei’s Rats and Sergio Martino’s 2019: After the Fall of New York are missing from the list though.

Yes, Soylent Green is good but I don’t know as I would categorise it as post apocalyptic. More an alternative future type Sci fi but I am probably just nit picking. Good film whatever you categorise it as.

Here are some PA genre movies I’ve heard are pretty good or at least fun, haven’t seen them myself, and don’t ask me where to get them :smiley:

2019: After the Fall of New York

Equalizer 2000

Exterminators of the Year 3000

Warrior of the Lost World

America 3000

Battletruck

Rome 2033: The Fighter Centurions

Aftermath

Six-String Samurai

Stryker

[quote=“Sebastian, post:32, topic:712”]yeah I know the apes and monkeys films. mad max is missing from your list, so is the road warrior :wink:
but thanks, i’ll look especially into the 60s and 70s ones[/quote]

Please yes Sebastian concentrate on the Classic 60s/70s and especially the film
"World, the flesh and the devil" 1959 Mel Ferrer Inger Stevens this film is a PA
much sought after by collectors, never on DVD and has a major following.
The TIME MACHINE 1960 Rod Taylor Yvette Mimieux is an eternal PA Classic.

I did say it was my personal must see PA list but below is another 10 more expected PA
I PREFER totally my earlier list though.

Ultimate Warrior 1975 Yul Brynner
Death Race 2000 1975 David Carradine
HUMANOID 1979 Leonard Mann Corinne Clery
Mad Max Films 1979&1981 Mel Gibson (as mentioned by Seb)
STRYKER 1983 Steve Sandor Andrea Savio
TERMINATOR 1984 Arnold Schwarzenegger
Steel Dawn 1987 Patrick Swayze
Terminator 2 1991 Arnold Schwarzenegger
Freejack 1992 Emilio Estevez
Waterworld 1995 Kevin Costner Jeanne Tripplehorn

Also the films posted by AvatarDk Rats and 2019 After Fall & Lindberg’s list ALL good.

I agree with you AvatarDk about Charlton Heston he is a man for great/epic films yes.

Brings back some good memories seeing these lists :).

Anybody have a list of what’s available on the dvd-market of especially the Italian PA-movies ?

Got the Post-apocalyptic box set from Shriek Show, Rats from Anchor Bay and Bronx Warriors 2 from Vipco but not much else.

Any answer is appreciated !

I remember “Battletruck” or “Warlords of the 21st Century” starring Michael Beck of “The Warriors” fame. Top-notch PA entry as Lindberg noted earlier. Wonder whatever happened to Michael Beck? His star seemed to have burned out awfully quick.

Check out this site on PA movies:

[url]post-apocalypse.co.uk - Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! - Informationen zum Thema post apocalypse.