(Poll) Your favorite composer

Yep very easy for me too : Ennio Morricone who else? Beside his SW and Leone Work he did such great SO for movies like The Untouchables, The Mission, The Thing, Le Professionel …

This is probably the most nonsensical SW poll

True!
Still… Stelvio Cipriani should be on the list.

It would’ve been great if Lalo Schifrin had done score for some Italian genre movies.

I like the statistic of the poll: Total 35 Voters and Morricone has 40 Votes. :smiley:

Why nonsensical? I see i voted already in this one…must have been some time ago. And i’m guessing i voted for either Nicolai or DeMasi…

I think this poll makes perfect sense. Just needs more selections.

Yes you’re right…it does need more composers rather than this “Other” choice. Plus maybe it should be redone…how does Morricone get 40 votes if only 35 people have voted and four of those votes were for other composers???

If a account of a member is deleted, the vote still remains, but possibly the counting of his votes not.

Seb should know.

Nonsensical because you know from the beginning who is going to win

Ok…sorry. Just felt that familiar feeling bubbling when i first read the original post…you know me and the whole “why is it always assumed that everyone would automatically prefer Morricone over other composers, and the same with particular films over other…” etc etc… I did know what you were getting at, just can’t help myself sometimes… :-[

Maestro Ennio. He’s the best.

Oh, but I know exactly what you mean. I waited a few years to watch some films of Tarantino because they were hyped to such a degree that it was difficult to judge them unprejudiced. When everybody’s telling you that something is great, a part of you wants to agree, another part wants to disagree. One of the two feelings will undoubtly get the upperhand, but neither is a good starting point for watching a movie.

I have an advantage speaking about Leone & Morricone: I saw - and adored - the Dollar trilogy and Once Upon a Time in the West when they weren’t considered to be immortal masterpieces yet, so I always have the feeling that I “discovered” them. Still, from time to time I asked myself: are you sure that you love these films, are you sure that you love these scores ??
I do.

But it’s always refreshing to hear a voice ‘doubting the obvious’ - the problem is that few people can put their doubts into words.

Ah…i’m gathering i didn’t word that one very well then? :smiley:

No, you did very well

Morricone. I love his The Great Silence score.

But Lallo Gori should be on the list.

I think someone should make a favourite non-Morricone thread.