Poll: 1966 SW villains you like best

Unanimously considered one of the best SW years, 1966 offers a number of unforgettable villains: what are the characters you prefer, and why?

Maximum 4 votes per user.

Major Jackson has always been a favourite. His smug smile when he is killing people.

The greatest villain is Sentenza, the person I like best (apart from Rosalba, but that’s another story) is good old Gordon Watch. He’s The Joker of the spaghetti western: if he and his gang were active where I live, I’d be the first to join the gang. Of course he’s a real nasty fellow in the movie, but Arizona Colt is a bit of an asshole too.

I don’t like Major Jackson, not my type of villain

Angel Eyes, Cold and calculated.

ts, ts, ts, Scherp, and i was thinking, if Gordon´s gang was active in your neighbourhood, you would stand up against them and brought justice

well, i voted for Milian, although Bounty Killer is not my favorite SW

I’m much smarter: The Joker on one side, Gordon on the other side, and me watching from above, save and dry

oh yes, i forgot i´m on a SW forum for a moment

I’ll go for Angel eyes fallowed by Major Jackson and Sartana

1. Sentenza, a.k.a. Angel Eyes
  2. Duncan (scalps indian woman and kills people for no reason)
  3. General Sartana (crazy performance from Garko)
  4. Gordon “Wacht”, a.k.a. “Gordo” Watch (ruthlessness similar to Duncan, only his personality doesn’t make it seem as bad)

I would add Dan Vadis from Deguejo.

And Lou Castel from Quien sabe?, if one wants to call him the villain of teh film.

What about films which were released in early 67, but arer genrally considered as films from 66?

My favourite is Sentenza from GBU.

[quote=“Stanton, post:10, topic:2909”]I would add Dan Vadis from Deguejo.

And Lou Castel from Quien sabe?, if one wants to call him the villain of teh film.

What about films which were released in early 67, but arer genrally considered as films from 66?

My favourite is Sentenza from GBU.[/quote]
Mine as well. Lee Van Cleef is always the best! :wink:

OK, I added these two characters:

Joe Kline (Pier Paolo Capponi, Due once di piombo/My Name is Pecos)

Ramon (Dan Vadis, Deguejo)

All things considered Bill Tate/Nino (Quien Sabe?) seems to me a different kind of negative figure, in my opinion its inclusion would make the list less homogeneous.

To avoid confusion I think is better to consider only the release dates, otherwise Deguejo (release date 4.2.1966), for example, should belong to the previous year and so on, with an indefinite line of demarcation…

major jackson really sadistic character kills people for fun!!! sick!

Deep down he may be a sensitive guy, and is just trying to hide his true feelings… :stuck_out_tongue: .

I chose Jose Gomez because it’s my favorite role from Milian. Major Jackson is good but I think it’s his whole gang that’s more memorable than just the man.
Angel Eyes… I don’t think him as a regular villain like Gian Maria Volonte is in Fistful… and For a Few… for example. He’s not that different from Good and the Ugly imo.

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:15, topic:2909”]I chose Jose Gomez because it’s my favorite role from Milian. Major Jackson is good but I think it’s his whole gang that’s more memorable than just the man.
Angel Eyes… I don’t think him as a regular villain like Gian Maria Volonte is in Fistful… and For a Few… for example. He’s not that different from Good and the Ugly imo.[/quote]
Milian is ingenious in this one. Although I prefer Angel Eyes, Milian shows there doubtless his real talent.

Sentenza and Gomez are great, but my choice is Jason Scott - Nino Castelnuovo in “Tempo di massacro” steals the show.
His performance reminds me of Commodus from Gladiator.

I voted Angel Eyes and Major Jackson.I like Fajardo’s clean cut image and that ‘‘Under the God there is only me’’ attitude.The best foe for one of the most well known s.w. (anti)heroes.As for Angel Eyes for me is the most iconic and bad ass villain in the whole history of cinema.Case closed. 8)

Four “new entries” (A Stranger in Town was registered in November '66):

Aguila a.k.a. Aguilar (Frank Wolff, Un dollaro tra i denti)

Gus Kennebeck (George Martin, Per il gusto di uccidere)

Ramon Morales (Robert Hundar/Claudio Undari, Ramon il Messicano)

Raymond Cris a.k.a. Ramon (Vincenzo Musolino, Vaya con dios gringo)

Angel Eyes.

It almost felt a little uncultured, or maybe cliché, as I went to check-box his name – but then I realized it really wasn’t – and he really was (the best).